Certificate in Health Care Analytics
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UW Professional & Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Extract Valuable Insights From Health Care Data
ig data is driving big changes in the health care industry, enhancing the collection and analysis of patient information and improving diagnoses and treatment. Increasingly, organizations are looking for professionals with the data analytics skills to turn massive amounts of available health care data into meaningful insights, and to improve the speed and efficiency of existing processes.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll develop the high-level expertise needed to meet requirements for data reporting, performance improvement and related health care measurements. We’ll examine the most common types of data used in health care — clinical, financial, operational and pharmaceutical — and cover the best tools for processing and sharing this data. Learn to use quantitative methods to influence decisions in your organization and advance your career.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Methods for using data in operations and management, benchmarking, performance improvement, outcomes assessment and marketing
- Approaches to different types of data reporting, such as risk management, regulatory, quality, contracting and payer
- Concepts and tools for business and clinical intelligence
- Best practices in data visualization and dashboarding
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Manipulate actual health care industry data using the latest tools and technologies, including Excel, Tableau and SQL Server
- Develop and fully implement an analytics solution to a health care problem
ONLINE WITH REAL-TIME MEETINGS
Combine the convenience of online learning with the immediacy of real-time interaction. You’ll stream courses online and interact with your instructors and fellow students via chat, web conferencing or phone, all in real time. Learn More »
Attend classes part time at one of our convenient locations in the Puget Sound region. You’ll engage face to face with your classmates and instructors as part of a highly interactive curriculum.
Who should attend
Professionals in the health care industry or data analyts looking to enter the health care field.