Certificate in Engineering Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UW Professional & Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Guide Technical Projects and Become a Team Leader
Successful engineering projects require more than just technical expertise. Effective leadership is the key to managing all the moving parts of a project and ensuring they combine to meet established requirements and objectives.
In this four-course certificate program, you’ll gain the tools and knowledge to become a successful technical lead, first-level manager or program manager in an organization of any size. We’ll explore how to communicate with business professionals and participate in negotiations and the decision making process. Increase your confidence in leading diverse teams, mentoring employees, making data-driven decisions and guiding complex projects to completion.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Ways to align technical projects with business strategy and how to scope projects from concept to final approval
- Qualitative and quantitative methods for decision making, including decision trees, Monte Carlo simulation and other decision analysis tools
- How to leverage technology, manage risk and communicate project objectives and progress to senior management
- Approaches for handling cultural and generational diversity and team dynamics
- Project management strategies, tools and best practices
ONLINE WITH REAL-TIME MEETINGS
Combine the convenience of online learning with the immediacy of real-time interaction. You’ll stream courses online and interact with your instructors and fellow students via chat, web conferencing or phone, all in real time.
BLENDED (CLASSROOM + ONLINE)
You’ll have the choice of attending class sessions online or in person, based on your preference from week to week. Online classes are delivered in real time using web conferencing software. Classroom sessions are held on the UW Seattle campus. Course sessions are also recorded and available for later review.
Who should attend
Engineers who are new to a leadership role or want to improve their leadership skills.