Certificate in Data Visualization
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UW Professional & Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
A picture speaks a thousand data points. In a data-driven world, the ability to display large amounts of information through powerful visualizations is increasingly important for business success. The career outlook for professionals who are well-versed in these skills is bright.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll explore ways to organize and derive meaning from vast amounts of data by using visual presentation tools and techniques. You’ll learn to create rich, intuitive representations that can help your business make more insightful decisions. Use principles drawn from the fields of visual design, perceptual psychology and cognitive science to develop your ability to make data make sense for everyone.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- The fundamental design principles and different types of data visualization
- How to locate, prepare, model and analyze data
- Methods for creating interactive visualizations tailored to specific audiences and devices
- Techniques to add context with benchmarks and comparisons
- How to turn data into actionable information for making sound business decisions
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Apply theory to create visualizations using your choice of software, including, but not limited to, Tableau and Microsoft Excel
- Complete data visualization projects that you can add to your professional portfolio
ONLINE WITH REAL-TIME MEETINGS
Combine the convenience of online learning with the immediacy of real-time interaction. You’ll stream courses online and interact with your instructors and fellow students via chat, web conferencing or phone, all in real time.
Attend classes part time at one of our convenient locations in the Puget Sound region. You’ll engage face to face with your classmates and instructors as part of a highly interactive curriculum
Who should attend
Professionals who want to use data more effectively in their work.