Who should attend
Technically oriented professionals who want to become software engineers, or developers who want to enhance their programming skills. Those with less experience should consider taking our courses in Foundations of Programming (C# and .NET) and Foundations of Algorithms & Data Structures first.
About the course
The C# programming language is the major language used to develop applications for the Windows operating system. In this three-course certificate program, you'll navigate through C# and object-oriented programming and learn how to design and build robust, data-driven applications not only for Windows, but for Mac and Linux as well. You'll use the latest .NET technologies, including the open-source, cross-platform .NET Core and ASP.NET Core frameworks, and .NET Standard libraries. Learn how to create your own applications to add to your professional portfolio and build a career in software development with this powerful and widely used language
What you’ll learn
- How to proficiently use the .NET and .NET Core frameworks
- The ways that object-oriented programming and multitier architecture improve application performance, reusability and design
- Development strategies for console, windowed and web applications and for network, web and cloud-based servers
- Advanced programming techniques such as data binding and connectivity, data structures, exception handling, generics, collections and more
Get hands-on experience
- Develop and debug console, windowed and web applications
- Connect applications to SQL databases
- Create and use both local and cloud-based web services
Randal Root is a senior consultant specializing in .NET programming, SQL Server business intelligence solutions and technical education. Although he’s been teaching network and database administration since 1998, he primarily focuses on Windows, Web and database programming along with business in...
Dan Vallejo has been a software developer for more than 25 years. He obtained a patent during his first year at Microsoft for a client-side control of controls loaded by a browser, and he has worked on a number of other diverse and complex projects, including Microsoft Money, Microrim’s R:Base fo...
Kevin Ingalls has nearly three decades of experience in the software industry as a developer, tester, instructor and consultant. He spent 15 years at the Boeing Company, where he worked on a variety of operating systems and trained employees on proprietary software. Since 1999 he has trained a nu...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.