Certificate in Big Data Technologies
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UW Professional & Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
n today’s job market, big data is hot — and so are data engineers, the professionals who have the knowledge and skills to tame it. Organizations have a growing need for specialists who know how to design and build platforms that can handle the gigantic amount of data available today.
In this three-course certificate program, we’ll explore distributed computing and the practical tools used to store and process data before it can be analyzed. You’ll work with typical data stacks and gain experience with the kinds of data flow situations commonly used to inform key business decisions. Complete this program and engineer your career in the world of big data technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The essential concepts of big data engineering, including distributed data storage and processing for analytical and streaming applications
- How to apply key data engineering tools and techniques
- How to use emerging technologies to solve current data engineering challenges
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Use industry-standard data tools such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark.
- Write code for big data processing
- Configure and deploy frameworks and libraries to run big data software
ONLINE WITH REAL-TIME MEETINGS
Combine the convenience of online learning with the immediacy of real-time interaction. You’ll stream courses online and interact with your instructors and fellow students via chat, web conferencing or phone, all in real time.
Attend classes part time at one of our convenient locations in the Puget Sound region. You’ll engage face to face with your classmates and instructors as part of a highly interactive curriculum
Who should attend
Professionals with programming and system administration experience who are looking to expand their careers into big data.