Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Professionals who work in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and related fields, along with those looking to enter the industry.
About the course
In this four-course certificate program, we’ll investigate the foundational science behind drug development and learn about biopharma's latest advancements and manufacturing techniques. You’ll examine organisms’ fundamental molecular and cellular processes. We'll study the pathological disease processes that alter physiology — and often the anatomy — of body structures.
We'll also explore how the industry is structured and how a new drug is developed, tested and brought to market. And we’ll discuss medical device development, noting how the two processes differ.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The molecular and cellular processes that occur in living organisms, including DNA replication, gene expression and regulation, protein biochemistry and signal transduction
- The mechanisms by which selected pharmaceuticals treat or cure diseases
- The key factors involved in the transformation of small molecules, proteins and genes into therapeutic products
- The routes for advancing drug product candidates from lab bench and selection through clinical trials and market launch
- The possible paths for device development, testing and approval
Roberta J. Wong received her Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of California School of Pharmacy in San Francisco in 1983. She completed a clinical residency and practiced at the San Francisco General Hospital Ward 86 AIDS Clinic, one of the first HIV clinics renowned for cutting-edge researc...
Visiting Professor in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Arnie Charbonneau Cancer Research Institute in the Cumming School of Medicine at the University of Calgary A visiting professor, Dr. Harry Peery has taught anatomy and assisted in the teaching of pathology to medical students at the Unive...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.