Merage School of Business
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Art and Creative Organizations looking to drive team development.
- Individuals looking for a career in arts management and/or professional growth.
- Trustees and Leaders with increased oversight, roles and responsibilities.
- Working artists looking to strengthen the ability to manage their own careers.
About the course
The Art of Business for the Creative Professional
Proudly presented by UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business in partnership with The Claire Trevor School of the Arts, the Certificate in Arts Management is an interactive, online program led by vanguard faculty who teach foundational business principles for practical applications in the arts and creative industries.
The program builds upon the passion of the creative professional. It addresses the scope of responsibilities facing leaders in today's art and creative organizations and equips the learner with the skills necessary to manage marketing, fundraising, finance, business development and to lead effectively.
This Certificate in Arts Management applies to careers in the visual and performing arts, museum and gallery management, theatre and company management, orchestra management, gaming, cultural affairs, marketing and many more.
- Highly Accessible - Online and interactive
- Compact and rich 12 week program
- Access to experienced faculty
- Fully endorsed certificate from UCI's Paul Merage School of Business & Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- Module 1: Effective Leadership
- Module 2: Accounting, Finance and Law Management
- Module 3: Strategic Marketing
- Module 4: Critical Thinking and Decision-Making
- Module 5: Fundraising and Board Management
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available