Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Art and Creative Organizations looking to drive team development.
- Individuals looking for a career in arts management and/or professional growth.
- Trustees and Leaders with increased oversight, roles and responsibilities.
- Working artists looking to strengthen the ability to manage their own careers.
About the course
The Art of Business for the Creative Professional
Proudly presented by UC Irvine’s Paul Merage School of Business in partnership with The Claire Trevor School of the Arts, the Certificate in Arts Management is an interactive, online program led by vanguard faculty who teach foundational business principles for practical applications in the arts and creative industries.
The program builds upon the passion of the creative professional. It addresses the scope of responsibilities facing leaders in today's art and creative organizations and equips the learner with the skills necessary to manage marketing, fundraising, finance, business development and to lead effectively.
This Certificate in Arts Management applies to careers in the visual and performing arts, museum and gallery management, theatre and company management, orchestra management, gaming, cultural affairs, marketing and many more.
- Highly Accessible - Online and interactive
- Compact and rich 10-week program
- Live zoom sessions with faculty and industry experts
- All zoom sessions are recorded in case you cannot attend live
- Fully endorsed certificate from UCI's Paul Merage School of Business & Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- Orientation to walk through the online tools for navigating the program
- Wrap-up event to celebrate a successful program
- Module 1: Effective Leadership
- Module 2: Accounting, Finance and Law Management
- Module 3: Brand Strategy
- Module 4: Critical Thinking and Decision-Making
- Module 5: Fundraising and Board Management
MBA, USC; BA, UCI Corporations, non-profits, universities, and religious institutions call on Sasha’s company to help create and communicate their brand’s reason to believe. Sasha Strauss is a branding industry veteran, with two decades leading brand strategy programs worldwide. In 2006, Sasha f...
Dr. Lisa Barron is a faculty member of Organization and Management at The Paul Merage School of Business, University of California, Irvine. She teaches creativity, negotiation, communication, organizational behavior and leadership. Lisa has received twenty teaching awards for her negotiation, str...
Born and raised in Germany, Dr. Thomas Eppel holds a PhD in Mathematical Psychology from the University of Southern California. He taught at various universities both in the U.S. and in Europe, including Purdue University, Pepperdine, TIAS and Mannheim Business School. He currently teaches at the...
Machiavelli "Max" W. Chao received his Bachelors of Arts degree, cum laude, in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting in 1990 from California State University, Fullerton. He later received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Southern California in 1996. Upon graduation fr...
Joel Veenstra is a professional stage manager, production manager, producer, and improviser. As a proud Actors’ Equity Association stage manager, Veenstra coordinates collaborations and productions with renowned regional theaters, including Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Pasadena Playhouse, Lagun...
Molly Lynch is an award-winning choreographer and artistic director, with over 35 years of experience creating, producing, and presenting dance. She is currently a Professor and Chair of the Dance Department at the Claire Trevor School of the Arts at UC Irvine. Ms. Lynch is the Founder and Artist...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.