Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
The trend towards industrial automation and Industry 4.0 will change production significantly in the future. Therefore it is imperative to understand basic principles of automation and Industry 4.0 to meet the challenges facing production in the future. The certificate course Smart Manufacturing & Automation with Industry 4.0 addresses on one hand the current state of the art in smart automation and on the other hand provides an outlook on new technologies, businesses and opportunities arising out of digitalization, use of smart devices and in conclusion in Industry 4.0. The concerted objective of the lecture is the basic knowledge for smart automation and Industry 4.0 within production.
Learning Targets/ Skills
The participants will
- be able to analyze implemented automated manufacturing systems and describe their components;
- be able to name automation tasks in manufacturing plants and name the components, which are necessary for the implementation of each automation task;
- be able to design and select components for a given use case of the categories: Handling Technology, Industrial Robotics, Sensors, and Controls;
- can compare different concepts for multi-machine systems and select a suitable one for a given use case.
Course Topics & Instructor
- Introduction to Automated Production Systems
- Sensors, Controls and Drive Technology
- Handling Systems and Industrial Robots
- Automated Quality Control
- Manufacturing and Assembly Technology
- Multi Machine Systems
- Design and planning of automated production facilities
- Use Cases: Industry 4.0 in Industry
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Fleischer is member of the Management Board of the Institute of Production Science (wbk) at the KIT. He was appointed head of the wbk in 2003. From 2011 - 2014 he has been dean of the faculty for Mechanical Engineering. Since 2012 he is visiting professor at the Tongji Unive...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.