Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
About the course
What does it take to become a CEO in health care? This academy course will provide the necessary framework for transitioning into the role of CEO, such as: recognizing what distinguishes leadership from management in health care, empowering yourself as a leader, overseeing your organization or practice, and better understanding and appreciating the impact of your leadership style.
You'll learn practical skills in communication, financial management, and decision making that will help you build and leverage your network. This exciting academy includes extensive discussion, group exercises, and practical examples that can be applied within your own organization.
This is a blended learning course that includes a pre- and post-webinar where you can interact with faculty and ask questions.
- Utilize insights from successful CEOs on how to lead successful organizations
- Perform an in-depth analysis of who creates value in the medical system
- Develop skills for crisis management and business critical conversations
- Form strategies for managing cognitive biases
- Identify and create alliances across organizational structures
- Implementing change management strategies from a CEO perspective
- Leveraging patient-oriented social media and consumer insights
- Recognize what financial and accounting information is important to CEOs
- Develop strategies to use data effectively in decision-making
- Review methods for reading and interpreting financial statements
- Evaluate investment and financing decisions
- Identify the key drivers affecting the financial condition of health care organizations
- Apply an evidence-based management approach to improve quality
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable)
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours
Larry McEvoy, MD, a seasoned health care executive and experienced emergency physician, has the unique capacity to integrate diverse strategic and professional perspectives through leadership, facilitation, coaching and presentation. Particularly focused on the shared work between executives, cli...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.