About the course
This day provides an opportunity for the private equity industry to come together with senior leaders from local companies to network and discuss growth and investment strategies for businesses in Northern Ireland. Although they rarely capture the headlines, Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) are the backbone of the Northern Ireland economy. These businesses make up over 99% of the total number of businesses in the local economy, a proportion very similar to all other regions in the UK. Furthermore, the entrepreneurial spirit appears to be alive and well in Northern Ireland, having more businesses per head of population than Wales, Scotland and all regions across the North of England. Given the vibrancy of the region, this day will bring together founder owned businesses and investors from growth to buyout to come together and discuss the Cities investment activity
- Entrepreneurs & Investors: Networking lunch
- Welcome address
- Tim Hames, Director General, BVCA
- The entrepreneurs view of private equity Interview
- Interviewed by Richard Moorhead, Partner, HNH Corporate Finance
- David Maxwell, Chief Executive Officer, Boojume
- Rodney Lowry, Group Chief Executive Officer, Lowe Rental
- Is private equity/growth capital the right partner for businesses in Northern Ireland?
- Moderated by John McGuckian, Partner, Tughans
- Simon Doherty, Investment Associate, Lonsdale Capital
- Gemma Hamilton, Investment Director, BGF
- David Wilson, Partner, Panoramic Growth Equity
Closing remarks Michael Moore, Director General, BVCA
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.