Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
A professional memo or email should not read the same as a social media post or a message to a friend. Communicating effectively in a professional manner with the correct tone and style can be difficult. But by building on your knowledge of writing basics, you will learn to write various types of business correspondence in an effective and, as needed, influential way. Elaborate on basic grammar skills to learn prewriting and editing techniques to make your writing clear, effective, and received in the way you intend.
- Recognize the components of effective business writing
- Write effective sentences and paragraphs that provide pertinent and organized information to readers
- Plan and outline documents using appropriate tools and strategies
- Write effective business correspondence
- Edit documents for quality and consistency
Business Writing Basics
- Effective Business Writing
- Using Plain Language
Effective Writing Skills
- Sentence Structure
- Writing in the Active Voice
- Building Paragraphs
Planning Your Writing
- A Model for Business Writing (PATS)
- Visualizing Your Ideas
- Writing Tone and Style
- Common Business Documents
- Editing and Proofreading for Professionalism
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
Who should attend
This course is designed for professionals who want to refine their written communication skills and focus on creating their own unique writing style that is professional and impactful.