Who should attend
This seminar is designed for professionals at any level in any career field or industry who want to write clearly, concisely, effectively and correctly. And, it’s ideal for anyone who wants a writing and grammar basics refresher.
About the course
Writing is a required skill for many working professionals. Whether you write emails, proposals, evaluations, recommendations or even blog posts and social media posts, it is important to communicate effectively and express your message without mistakes. Whatever you write, grammar, punctuation and word choice matter.
In this one-day seminar, you’ll learn about the common mistakes made in grammar, punctuation and word choice. In-class exercises offered throughout the seminar will help you improve and sharpen your writing for both personal and professional use.
- Gain confidence in your writing ability
- Improve your writing immediately
- Obtain the results or reactions you want from your written communications
- Set yourself apart from other employees
- Improve your chances of advancement
- The formula for successful business writing
- The steps for writing effectively
- Composing, editing and proofreading your work
- Writing best practices
- Grammar and punctuation
- Commonly confused and misused words
- Email best practices
- Writing resources
An award-winning communications professional, Glynis Gibson has more than three decades of public relations, communications, marketing, writing and editing experience. As president of Gibson Communications, Inc., which she founded in 1991, Glynis provides full service PR and communications consu...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.