Who should attend
This seminar is designed for professionals at any level in any career field or industry who want to write clearly, concisely, effectively and correctly. And, it’s ideal for anyone who wants a writing and grammar basics refresher.
About the course
Writing is a required skill for many working professionals. Whether you write emails, proposals, evaluations, recommendations, customer communications, or even blog posts and social media posts, your writing should be clear, concise, grammatically correct and properly punctuated.
In this one-day seminar, you will learn the basics of proper business writing along with numerous tips and tricks to help you figure out correct grammar, word usage and punctuation. In-class exercises offered throughout the seminar will reinforce what you've learned and will help you to sharpen your skills on the spot.
- Gain confidence in your writing ability
- Improve your writing immediately
- Obtain the results or reactions you want from your written communications
- Set yourself apart from other employees
- Improve your chances of advancement
- The formula for successful business writing
- The steps for writing effectively
- Composing, editing and proofreading your work
- Writing best practices
- Grammar and punctuation
- Commonly confused and misused words
- Email best practices
- Writing resources
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.