Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The course is designed for business managers, business process analysts, process owners, business and systems analysts, information technology professionals, BPM project leaders, BPM project team members and quality specialists.
About the course
Business process analysis and modeling is an essential component of Business Process Redesign (BPR) as well as other business process improvement initiatives such as reengineering, systems development, quality management and continuous process improvement. In this workshop the participants will acquire the knowledge and skills to analyze and accurately model business processes at the enterprise level as well as the detailed workflow level.
In this course delegates will acquire the knowledge and skills to map and model business processes at enterprise level as well as detailed workflow level.
The course also provides a step-by-step approach to effectively analyze processes to ensure that business process models accurately reflect reality and includes stakeholder requirements.
Delegates will learn the Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN). This is a widely-used, open modeling standard that combines business-friendliness with the precision required to effectively implement and automate business processes. It is easy to understand and can be applied to all aspects of business process innovation.
Practical analysis and modeling work using the techniques is done throughout the course.
Business process analysis and modeling are important because:
- The accurate description of business processes requires rigorous analysis
- Business process models provide a baseline from which to improve
- Analysis and modeling facilitates improvement through uncovering anomalies, redundancies and deficiencies
- Models provide the basis for studying and testing a process design and measuring process outcome
- Business process models transform ephemeral knowledge into a tangible business asset - reusable models that all can understand
- Models provide clear business process definitions for the effective operation of the business.
This course aims to enable participants to achieve the following objectives:
- Understand business processes and their components
- Apply process analysis concepts and techniques
- Define processes using Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Develop business process architecture
- Analyze process customer requirements
- Specify measures of business process performance
- Diagnose the health of a business process
- Use process improve techniques to transform business processes
Understanding Business Processes
- The process view: an introduction to business processes
- Types of business processes
- Identifying and naming business processes
- How to analyze the components of a business process
- Business process modeling concepts
- Practical analysis work
Developing Business Process Models using Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- An introduction to Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Modeling business process events
- Representing detailed branching and joining logic
- Business process patterns
- Modeling processes using the basic BPMN elements
- Practical business process modeling work
Advanced Process Modeling Using BPMN
- Extended BPMN modeling elements
- Developing hierarchical diagrams
- Using pools and lanes
- Handling process exceptions
- Practical business process modeling work
Analyzing Business Processes
- Introduction to business process architecture
- Identifying and analyzing process customers
- Diagnosing process health
- Process performance analysis
- Identifying process enablers
Improving Business Processes Using Models
- Identifying improvement opportunities using process models
- Moving from as-is to to-be models
- Describing improvements using process models
- Implementing improved processes
- Choosing the right modeling tool
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.