Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
All those involved in business, managerial and other kinds of negotiations.
About the course
Business processes are increasingly linked together and a disaster (power outage, fire, pandemic, computer virus attack) could cripple your organisation, suspend operational business processes and disrupt systems. Not to mention the financial loss and damage to your reputation as a reliable provider or business partner.
Business continuity management and IT disaster recovery are of major concern to all industry sectors and are now recognised as an integral part of good management practice. Moreover, it is increasingly required by compliance regulations and organisations that want to do business with you.
This course is essential if you want to create, maintain and test your own business continuity and IT recovery plans. It will enable you to cost effectively protect your business and IT infrastructure through exploring the latest best practice processes and techniques.
By participating you will have the knowledge to:
- Identify risks; evaluate their effect and justify and implement risk mitigation strategies
- Help your organization survive a business disruption or disaster
- Create an effective business continuity organization
- Better align your IT disaster recovery solutions to your business continuity plan
- Audit, test and maintain IT and telecommunications recovery plans
- Introduction And Objectives
- Project Initiation And Management
- Risk Evaluation And Control
- - Exercise: Case Study – Risk Assessment
- Business Impact Analysis
- Vital Material Protection
- - Exercise: Business Impact Analysis
- Developing Continuity Strategies
- Public Relations And Crisis Communication – Key To Survival
- Why Insurance Won’t Save You!
- - Exercise: Business Continuity Strategy
- Emergency Response And Operations
- Business Continuity During Corporate Restructuring
- Business Continuity Roles And Responsibilities
- - Exercise: Creating A Business Continuity Organization
- Developing And Implementing The Business Continuity Plan
- - Exercise: Writing A Business Continuity Plan
- Auditing, Testing And Maintaining Business Continuity Plans
- - Exercise: Planning A Business Continuity Test
- The Purpose Of IT Disaster Recovery (DR) Planning
- - Exercise: Assessing What Matters
- - Open Forum: Discuss Delegate Specific Issues
- - Exercise: Case Study: Example Of Survival By Design
- Effective Data Protection Options
- Recovery Concepts / Options
- Writing Your IT Disaster Recovery Plan
- Testing Your IT Disaster Recovery Plan
- - Exercise: Group IT Disaster Recovery Rehears
- Action Plans
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.