Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This course is designed for supply chain, finance, marketing and sales executives (managers, directors, vice presidents). In addition, supply chain and logistics managers, consultants, supervisors, planners, and engineers; inventory planners; procurement and sourcing analysts and managers; transportation, logistics, and facility planners, managers, and engineers; and systems, project, and program managers will also benefit.
About the course
The ability to write a compelling business case is a core competency for effective leaders. A business case is a critical requirement before committing to projects, new products, or other investments. It is also an argument that needs to convince the recipient to invest in this undertaking rather than others. Rigorous business case preparation reduces the risk of poorly targeted or poorly executed projects, improves strategic alignment of investments, and increases the probability of achieving expected returns
This course equips you with the necessary skills and tools to develop structured business cases. Presented techniques are field-proven and derived from successful implementation. Case exercises are adapted from real situations and projects
What You Will Learn
- Structured business cases for initiatives within OSM
- The business case process and how to logically address it
- How to identify, develop, and evaluate alternative options and decision paths
- Strong, multi-dimensional and objective-driven submissions that drive consistent rates of approval and are presented in an appropriate format
- How to quantify the various benefits of undertaking a project or task and interpret the appropriate financial data including costs, budgets, and estimates for completion
How You Will Benefit
- Develop business cases with a clearer understanding of senior leadership and management expectations.
- Target investments with reduced risk and improved strategic alignment.
- Apply industry best practice steps for developing a business case that explains rationale to senior managers within organizations.
- Understand the purpose and content of a business case as it applies in different contexts.
Michael Dennis is a professional education instructor for the Georgia Tech Supply Chain and Logistics Institute. He is also a Principal in Capgemini’s Manufacturing and Automotive practice consulting for digital manufacturing and supply chain projects. Michael Dennis has built a career building ...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.