Who should attend
- Business architects
- Business analysts
- Program/project managers
- Solution architects
- Technical designers.
About the course
This one-day short course provides a high-level introduction to the concepts, features, and benefits of the integrated business design tools associated with business architecture and process management.
About this course
UTS has partnered with EA Learning to deliver the Introduction to Business Architecture and Business Process Management short course. This short course illustrates best practice business architecture and process management methods and techniques and how these can be used to strengthen your business processes. It also highlights the mapping, optimisation and improvement components which are central to effective business process management and to achieving an effective enterprise strategy.
The following content will be covered during this short course:
- Business architecture definition
- The value of business architecture
- Business architecture component and interface
- Strategy and the execution gap
- Business modelling
- Value mapping.
- Capability planning with business capability modelling
- Strategic overlays
- Transition planning, roadmaps and execution
- Relationship of business architecture to business process management
- Communication of an organisation’s strategic intent
- Prioritisation and roadmap for business process management (BPM).
- Introducing BPM
- Need for BPM
- Benefits of BPM
- BPM Lifecycle
- Considering other lifecycles.
- Business process modelling
- Process categorisation
- Process levelling
- Describing processes
- Overview of business process management notation (BPMN)
- Success markers for BPM’s.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the key features of business architecture and business process management and modelling
- Apply the key features of business architecture and business process management and modelling to real world contexts
- Understand capability-based planning techniques and processes.
Donna has spent over 25 years working in the ICT industry, with more than two thirds of her career focused on implementing enterprise architectures across organisations in Australia, New Zealand and Europe. She has a practical approach to teaching and mentoring staff in all the enterprise archite...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.