Who should attend
- Employees identified for the management pipeline;
- Managers and potential managers wanting to advance in their careers, maintain their relevance or make a change;
- Middle, senior managers, or potential managers in specialist positions who wish to improve their understanding of the bigger picture of business operations;
- Forward-thinking managers and potential managers who are future-prepared; and
- Entrepreneurs and business owners who want a holistic understanding of managing a business.
About the course
Boost your ability to lead, manage and make effective decisions within today's complex and turbulent business environment on this 11-week online course. Managing in today's context requires a very different skill-set than was required a decade ago, or even five years ago. With the advent of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, accelerated and disruptive change, an increased requirement to be agile, and increased workforce mobility, a good balance of the soft skills and the hard skills of management will positively impact your career. Whether you are working for a corporate of and entrepreneur, this course will equip you to develop your career the right way.
This online-based business and management development programme uses an integrated, eleven-week schedule for busy, working professionals and entrepreneurs, and allows for high-touch virtual interactions with course instructors and other participants. The eleven weeks include nine weeks for content modules, one week for onboarding and orientation and one week for a final assignment.
- Module 0 - Orientation
- Module 1 - Leadership and Management
- Module 2 - Strategy
- Module 3 - Financial Decision Making
- Module 4 - Digital Transformation
- Module 5 - Elective: Chose between Corporate Innovation or Entrepreneurship
- Module 6 - Assignment
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key elements of managing a business;
- Identify, understand, and explain common management challenges, both negative and positive;
- Apply knowledge management practice to effectively lead people, manage work and processes, and enhance business growth and development;
- Offer integrated solutions and recommendations that have a positive impact on business performance; and
- Use a variety of input and human interaction methods, including business reporting and presentation, to achieve objectives in a business environment.
The highly interactive online programme will be delivered using a mix of:
Been there, done that. You will learn from other’s successes and failures in the form of relevant and interesting case studies throughout all the modules.
Engaging with experts:
You will engage with faculty in a variety of formats, from video presentations and discussion forums to real-time chat sessions and webinars. These sessions provide you with the opportunity to engage with information presented by the faculty themselves.
Chats and networking:
Scheduled chat times give you the opportunity to interact with your peers in real time and build valuable networks.
Qualifications Ed.D (Columbia University) M.Ed (Wits) BA (Hons) (Wits) BA (Ed) (Wits) Fields of Interest Organisational design Leadership Mentoring Coaching Professional Memberships International Coach Federation (ICF)
Profile Jonathan Marks holds a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree from the University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business, as well as a Doctorate in Philosophy, focused on entrepreneurship, from the University of Cape Town’s faculty of engineering and the built environment. D...
Justin Spencer-Young specialises in VALUE. Researching it, understanding it, measuring it, finding it and creating it. Justin has lectured in finance and accounting for 7 years and talking value and value creation is what he enjoys most. He holds a BSc (Building) (Wits) and an MBA (Wits) and cal...
Global strategist, speaker and facilitator Having presented in over 60 cities globally, to 100’s of companies and organisations, Abdullah has been recognised as a leading dealmaker, strategist and thought leader on global trends, company competitiveness, strategy and on Frontier and Emerging Ma...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.