Who should attend
The Business Analytics & Strategy certificate is ideal for executives, managers, business owners and leaders who want to:
- Learn how firms compete with analytics.
- Understand the evolution of business intelligence (BI) and how it applies to emerging business issues.
- Deepen their quantitative and analytical skills, discover how to derive value from data, lead data-driven analyses and create a business advantage
- Interpret and leverage the data within their organization to uncover trends, build predictive analysis models and get closer to the customer to increase profitability.
About the course
The Business Analytics & Strategy course within the online Executive Certificate in Business Analytics focuses on understanding a range of fundamental quantitative models that have proven useful to analysts and decision makers.This course provides a survey of concepts, structure and analytical tools that are the foundation for organizing quantitative data and employing quantitative models to get insights that help you make better decisions.
- Evaluate three of the most common methods of forecasting and choose which strategy is best given market conditions.
- Define and analyze transformation processes available for producing and delivering products and services.
- Calculate the capacity/resource requirements and the resulting time to deliver a product/service for given demand levels and uncertainties.
- Explain why inventory exists and determine appropriate inventory management policies.
- Identify and discuss key decisions in the core activities of purchasing and logistics management.
- Although the topics covered go into considerable depth, you do not need prior IT or analytics modeling knowledge or experience to apply for the program.
- Delivered online to fit your busy schedule, the business analytics certificate can be completed in fewer than six months.
- Specialize in data management or supply chain management to help overcome challenges in your current position or give you added expertise as you explore new opportunities.
Professor Uday Kulkarni: I received my B.Tech. in electrical engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay in 1976, my MBA from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta in 1979, and my Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee in 1989. I have over 30 years of ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.