This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The modern organisation has scores of data that are often under-utilized for business planning and market research opportunities. This programme is designed for senior executives who need to understand how business analytics can work for your organisation. This course equips participants with the knowledge and skills, to investigate existing business operational data to continually develop innovative marketing insights and new solutions for marketing decisions. You will acquire knowledge, skill sets and build competencies in the areas of business analytics to complement your existing managerial experiences and create value for your career.
This programme combines both academic and industry best practices, highlighting the strategies, techniques and resources available for business analytics in the modern organisation. Participants will:
- Gain practical insights on how to build and leverage on a Business Analytics team.
- Understand the process of developing a strong business analytics case, from exploration of the data context to obtaining the explanatory or predictive results.
- Learn to investigate existing operational data and apply business analytics using real-life business data.
- Learn to ask the right questions and draw inferences from the data using appropriate tools.
- Examine various data modelling techniques using real-life business data to provide useful predictions such as pricing and profitability forecast and consumer trend analysis.
The 2-day programme will be conducted using an interactive seminar-style approach, supported by relevant case studies, group breakout sessions and practice cases. Participants will have hands-on experience on applying analytics tools to solve business related issues.
Embedding Business Analytics into Corporate Strategy - Introduction to business analytics
- Key issues in formulating a business analytics plan
- Case studies: revenue generating opportunities from data
- How to build an analytics team within your organisation
- How to identify the right resources and competencies within an organisation or individual
Leveraging Data within your Organisation
- Extracting value from transactional, customer, environmental data (hands-on exercises)
- How to organise and use data from different sources to solve problems
- Building analytical solutions: case studies and practical examples
Who should attend
This programme is designed to meet the needs of middle to senior level executives who are not business analytics specialists, but are required to make decisions or formulate strategies based on data analysis.
The programme will benefit executives from all backgrounds and industries. Typical participants are managers who are currently responsible or will be responsible for managing a functional area or department including those with roles in marketing, operations, human resources, information technology or research and development.
Trust the experts
Kim Huat Goh
I received my Ph.D. in business administration with specialization in economics and information systems from the Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. My research interests include applying behavioral economic theories to model consumer behaviour in technology mediat...