Who should attend
- Business managers across different functions who drive or intend to drive analytics projects at their organisation.
- Please note: You need a device and 1Mbps (or faster) Internet connection. The device on which you access the programme should support one of the following browsers: Chrome 71, Firefox 64, IE 11, Edge 42, Safari 11.
The programme will give you the tools needed to transform your business into a data-driven organisation.
The assignments and cases in the programme focus on interpreting results of analysis. Some demonstrations of new analytics tools like Tensorflow will be included.
About the course
In the digital economy, being able to make decisions informed by data is not optional - it is essential. Organisations that make decisions based on data simply perform better.
The online Business Analytics programme provides you with the tools you need to put data to work, enabling you to:
- set up experiments
- collect data
- learn from data
- make decisions to how to navigate the organisational, legal and ethical issues involved in data-based decision making
The programme teaches widely used frameworks of business analytics: biases, experimentation, descriptive analytics, prescriptive analytics, predictive analytics.
You will then implement the frameworks you have learned through assignments. You will join a global and diverse group of participants in the discussion boards where you share your perspectives on the issues being discussed with other participants and seek their views.
Taking place over 11 weeks, the learning journey for this programme will be composed from a combination of video lectures, live webinars, assignments, Q&A sessions and discussions. At the end there will also be follow-up with participants after they have completed their assignments.
This programme is being delivered in collaboration with EMERITUS Institute of Management.
The programme includes video lectures, discussions, live online teaching sessions and assignments. We expect participants to dedicate four to six hours per week over the 11 weeks of the programme. The programme is organised around six areas of business analytics.
- Module 1: Decision Biases
- Module 2: Descriptive Analytics
- Module 3: Big Data Opportunities
- Module 4: Experimentation
- Module 5: Predictive Analytics I - Machine Learning
- Module 6: Predictive Analytics II - Neural Networks
- Module 7: Prescriptive Analytics I
- Module 8: Prescriptive Analytics II - Behavioural Economics Biases
- Module 9: Ethics/Legal and Organisational issues
Case studies will include examples from the hotel industry, Netflix, artistic styles, retail watch sector, biotech industry, UPS and Google Oxygen.
Assignments will cover a number of industries.
An opportunity to learn online from the faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education and gain an international experience and perspective from your global peer group.
After completing this programme, you will be able to:
- Recognise different types of biases that give way to bad decision making and learn how to overcome them
- Avoid bias in decision making by asking questions critical to your business and identifying the data needed to answer those questions
- Learn about the sources of data, the intermediary software services that can fetch those data into your database, and then assess the quality of the collected data
- Explain the reasons behind past events by analysing and summarising data
- Predict future outcomes by choosing the appropriate machine learning algorithm to use in a business context
- Learn the implementation challenges of creating a data-driven organisation
- Understand the ethics and regulatory issues involved in making decisions using data
University Lecturer in Operations Management PhD (Georgia Institute of Technology), BEng (National Technical University of Athens) Research interests Project management and new product development processes with an emphasis on information aggregation in group decision making; technology and R&...
University Lecturer in Big Data Analytics & Quantitative Social Science Deputy Director of the Psychometrics Centre BSc, MSc, PhD (University of Nottingham) Research interests Psychometrics; psychology; decision-making; social networks. Subject group: Operations & Technology Managemen...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.