Who should attend
This program is designed for business leaders who engage with data teams and output reports and want to have more meaningful conversations with their analytics team, integrating data into their decision-making and also their corporate culture. This program is particularly applicable for:
- C-Suite Executives from any industry with access to a massive data stream — such as IT services, banking and financial services, and health care — seeking to learn the language of data, to use analytics to strategic advantage, and to develop an analytics roadmap for their organization.
- Mid- to Senior-Level Managers, such as general manager, corporate director, head of marketing, or head of strategy, seeking to garner insights from data and looking to gain a practical understanding of the applications of analytics to initiate new projects or launch new business ideas.
About the course
Analyzing data and putting it to work for you and your business is an essential skill for executives today. But if you are not as fluent as you need to be in data and analytics, you’re not alone. According to The Data Literacy Index from Qlik, just 24 percent of the global workforce feels confident in reading, working with, analyzing, and arguing with data. You can close that competency gap by gaining the skills to transform your organization into a data-driven enterprise.
This is not just about adding to your own professional skill set. Gartner reports that 80 percent of organizational leaders have a goal of initiating a deliberate plan to improve the data literacy of their workforce at large. Position yourself and your company to advance your data literacy and confidently lead a data-driven corporate culture.
What you’ll get:
- Improved data literacy, the ability to communicate effectively with data analysts to understand when to use (and how to interpret) descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics
- Expert guidance on evaluating various data analytics tools, such as dashboards, machine learning, prediction models, and regression analysis
- Techniques to apply scientific thinking to business, such as examining cause and effect in data analysis and designing an experiment
- A deeper understanding of how to build a data-driven organization, including managing privacy concerns and developing strategies for cultivating evidence-based decision-making
Each module is designed to help you craft the narrative for your company’s data literacy by improving your own data fluency and gaining an understanding of the business value quality data and expert analytics can create for your business.
- Module 1: Data Basics
- Module 2: Dashboarding
- Module 3: Introduction to Prediction
- Module 4: Regression
- Module 5: Scientific Thinking in Business: Prescriptive Analysis
- Module 6: Building a Data-Driven Organization
Avi Goldfarb is the Rotman Chair in Artificial Intelligence and Healthcare, and Professor of Marketing at Rotman. Avi is also Chief Data Scientist at the Creative Destruction Lab, Senior Editor at Marketing Science, and a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research. His researc...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.