Business Analytics and Data Visualization
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Opus College of Business.Full disclaimer.
No matter your industry, you are likely seeing an increased quantity of data gathering in all areas of your business from customer demographics, sales, operations, inventory and marketing. As the data needs of the business increases, how as a non-analyst do you start using this data to make informed decisions?
This three-day program is designed to address the key elements of the business analytics process and help make your Monday smarter. You will cover:
- What is the analytics process?
- Creating the right visuals to tell the story of your data
- Applying descriptive statistics and dashboards instruments
- Practice solving common business problems using the skills learned throughout the program
Module 1: The Analytics Process
So, you have a lot of data. Now what? This module will help you understand the step by step process to ask business analysts the right questions or frame your business problem so you can use data to solve it. Throughout this session, you will learn more about the business analytics process and practice each step using actual business examples. You will leave with the ability to:
- Ask better questions to more accurately frame the problem or opportunity
- Find the correct data to address the problem
- Convert raw data into actionable insights
- Consider the audience and their needs as you present your business solution
- Use data to tell your story with confidence
- Present the data in a factual way to help managerial decision making
Module 2: Visualization
Pie, line, bar, heat map…how do you choose the right visuals to accurately tell your data story? During this session, you will:
- Dive into the anatomy of visualization
- Understand the function of each chart type and how it can tell your story
- Use both text and numerical data to help sell your message
Module 3: Descriptive Statistics
Brush up on statistics to ensure you are telling a factual story. During this session, you will:
- Explore descriptive statistics
- Construct dashboard-like instruments
- Learn what the data tells you and understand how it impacts your organization
Module 4: Practice
The goal of this program is to give you the tools you need to apply business analytics in your current and future positions. Throughout each session, case studies and examples will be woven into the learning to help you apply each concept to business problems.
Who should attend
This program is for you if you are:
- looking to gain insight into how to make more informed decisions using data; from starting the process to communicating with confidence.
- working in a data driven business and need a better understanding of how to use data for decision making.
- feeling overwhelmed with the quantity of data you are presented with and don’t know * where to start when using it to solve a business problem.
In a functional role that is evolving because data is impacting your job profile and decision making.
- considering a career transition into an analyst role and want to learn more to determine if this is a good next step for you.
- looking to shift your decision-making style and mindset to be more data driven.
Common program participant titles and job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Nurse Manager
- Clinic Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Operations Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Demand Planner
- Business Consultant
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Individuals looking to advance their careers or those making a career change