Business Analytics and Data Visualization
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Opus College of Business.Full disclaimer.
Learn how to interpret and share data insights to make more strategic business decisions.
Turn data into actionable insights and learn how to solve everyday business problems using customer demographics, sales numbers, operations reports, inventory reports and marketing metrics. Data is powerful when you know how to leverage it. In this program, you will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the analytics process
- Learn to create a narrative with data
- Find out how to apply descriptive statistics and dashboard instruments as you present and promote ideas and influence decisions at work
Benefits of This Program
Make Better, More Informed Decisions
When you know how to interpret your organization’s data, you can put it to work for you. Gain a framework for making business decisions using the analytics process.
Use Data to Tell a Story
The ability to present data in an engaging way is valuable. Use the analytics process to present your data in a digestible format based on your audience.
Create Clear, Focused Presentations
Lengthy, wordy PowerPoints can be boring and confusing to your audience. Discover how to use data and the right visuals to convey an idea more simply and effectively.
Practice Using Analytics
Using case studies, you’ll practice using the analytics process and presentation skills in an environment where the fate of your business isn’t on the line.
Hone Your Data Presentation Skills
Learn how to craft and deliver presentations that connect with your audience and help to drive positive change. Get constructive feedback from your instructors and peers.
Build Your Professional Network
Connect with professionals who share your interest in analytics, and can serve as a source of ongoing support after the program ends.
Module 1: Understanding the Business Analytics Process
You have a lot of data. Now what? This module teaches you how to ask the right questions to frame your business problem, so you can use data to solve it. Learn about the business analytics process step by step. Then, practice each step using actual business examples. After completing Module 1, you will be able to:
- Ask better questions to more accurately frame the problem or opportunity
- Identify the correct data to address the problem
- Convert raw data into actionable insights
- Consider your audience and their needs as you present your business solution
- Use a data narrative to tell your story with confidence
Module 2: Data Visualization
Pie, line, bar, heat map…how do you choose the right visuals to accurately tell your data story? During Module 2, you will:
- Explore the anatomy of visualization
- Understand the function of each chart type and how it can accurately display your data
- Use both visuals and numerical data to help sell your message
- Practice creating data visuals in Microsoft Excel
Module 3: Descriptive Statistics
Brush up on statistics to ensure you are telling a factual story. During this session, you will:
- Explore descriptive statistics
- Construct dashboard-like instruments
- Learn what the data tells you and understand how it impacts your organization
Module 4: Practice
You gained a foundation for data analysis and interpretation in the first three modules. Now, it’s time to get comfortable with these tools and techniques, so you’re ready to apply them at work with greater confidence. In Module 4, you’ll use case studies and sample scenarios to practice what you’ve learned.
Who should attend
Our Business Analytics and Data Visualization program is great for people who:
- Work with data and need to create better visuals to enhance their data storytelling
- Want to use data insights to solve common business challenges
- Are in a role (or considering roles) where understanding how to analyze complex data sets and communicate data insights is critical to success
Common program participant job titles include:
- Supply Chain or Quality Manager
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Demand Planner
- Insights Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Nurse Manager
- Office and Budget Manager
- Operations Director/Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Sales Manager