Who should attend
- Recent graduates looking to expand their skills
- Professionals who would like to start their journey in data and business analytics
- Anyone looking for a quick and effective way to upskill into a business analyst role.
About the course
Learn about the key tools, platforms and functions required to work in business analyst roles – this short course focuses on the tools needed for business metric analysis and report building.
This course is a collaboration between UTS and ITIC.
This short course will provide a foundational understanding of the key areas and tools that all business analysts need to help start the journey in their business analyst careers.
You will navigate the use of databases, as well as prepare to use data and data analytics tools to create business analysis reports showing key metrics and data.
This course comprises three modules. Each module will be run as a one-day, small-group virtual workshop, focusing on one specific tool in the data analyst toolkit.
Day 1 - SQL
- SQL for data and business analysis
- SQL basics and functions
- Storing and grouping.
Day 2 – Excel, macros and visual basics
- Excel formulas
- Macros and reporting
- Visual basics.
Day 3 - Power BI
- Connect to data with Power BI
- Data manipulation and visualisations
- Data analysis expressions (DAX).
By successfully completing this course, participants will gain an understanding of data and how to utilise it in effective ways through SQL, Excel and Power BI, to create reports used by business to display key data and metrics.
Participants will specifically be able to:
- Analyse databases and extract key data
- Present data in a structured way
- Apply advanced Excel techniques
- Build reports and data visualisations in Power BI.
Ava is an experienced data analyst, skilled in research, machine learning, data mining, recommender systems and computer vision. She has extensive experience in teaching subjects such as Python, database, machine learning, deep learning and data visualisation tools. Ava is currently a PhD candi...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.