Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This program is designed for supervisors, team leaders and aspiring leaders
About the course
Inclusive Leadership requires setting a tone in the organization, making it clear that everyone is valued for the unique contribution which they make. Inclusive organizations debunk myths and stereotypes and challenge staff to move beyond long-held biases. This requires leaders who are adept at facilitating difficult conversations around issues of inclusion, exclusion, diversity, bias, etc.
- Identifying personal biases
- Effective difficult conversations as an engine for enhanced relationships
- Creating a safe place for difficult conversations
- Defining D & I terms
- De-constructing Exclusion-based social constructs
- Leading the Difficult Conversation - Skill Building
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Develop emotional comfort around engaging in challenging discussions regarding D & I issues
- Learners will understand how to identify and overcome organizational barriers to developing inclusive culture
- Develop skills and strategies for creating the safe space and appropriate organizational atmosphere for effective outcomes
- Develop skill in managing high emotion during difficult conversations