Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for mid to senior level managers looking to shape their organisation’s strategy and create a context where their people are empowered to deliver results.
- Mid-level managers
- Senior managers
- Managers of non-for-profit organisations
- Managers of government organisations
5+ years of management experience required
About the course
Prepare for tomorrow’s challenges by building a truly resilient and agile organisation.
Build resilience and agility for a future-fit organisation
Master strategic, behavioural and operational resilience.
Good for you
- Discover why building resilience and agility: strategic, operational and behavioural, is critical to revitalise and refine your business for uncertain times.
- Develop the leadership capabilities to help you succeed in difficult times, and enable you to build resilience at every level of your organisation.
- Analyse and understand your current context, and get to grips with scenario planning to ensure your business is ready for the future.
- Master the tools and frameworks needed to define and execute your strategy in an unpredictable world.
- Build your confidence in identifying complexity and where problems are most likely to arise so that you can determine where resilience is required.
- Understand the key organising principles for making your business more resilient, and how these can be turned into new management practices.
- Gain new perspectives, insights and tools that will help build individual and team resilience.
- Reflect on your own resilience as an individual and develop strategies to succeed when faced with difficult circumstances.
Good for your organisation
- Revitalise your business through new strategic, operational and behavioural management practices that build organisational resilience and agility.
- Equip your organisation with the capabilities and new ways of working needed to compete when market conditions change.
- Learn how to prepare for future shocks, strategically and operationally, by building the organisations capabilities to monitor and interpret future risks.
- Equip your senior managers and business leaders with the knowledge, insight, skills and tools to be more resilient and create a working environment that encourages and enhances resilience and agility across their teams.
Build resilience and agility
Sustain success by placing strategic, operational and behavioural resilience at the heart of your organisation.
What you learn
- Explore the concepts and frameworks needed to ensure your organisation can adapt to a shifting business context.
- Build an understanding of agility loops, scenario planning and how to approach difficult decision making through uncertain times.
- Increase your awareness of the potential sources of risk in your supply chains and how you manage finance and information.
- Discover how risk-management decisions are made within a complex adaptive system, and how they can be applied in your own, personally designed, management experiment.
- Learn about team dynamics and how your role affects the people you manage.
- Focus on your individual responsibilities as a leader and build the capabilities to motivate your people during difficult times.
How you learn
Join a dynamic online learning experience designed to help you build a truly resilient organisation.
- Learn at your own pace: Explore three modules, each covering a different area of resilience, at a pace to suit your schedule.
- Exclusive digital content: Gain access to videos from our expert faculty, specially curated articles, interviews with guest speakers, a podcast and further reading materials.
- Develop an action plan enabling you to effectively engage your stakeholders and communicate your business priorities to revitalise your organisation.
Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Academic Director of the Deloitte Institute BSc (University of Durham), PhD and MBA (Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University, Canada) Professor Julian Birkinshaw was ranked 39th in the 2013 Thinkers50 list of the top global management thin...
Pr. Gallien’s research focuses on pushing the frontier of supply chain management and global health delivery through collaborations with leading firms and organizations. He has published, consulted and taught extensively in the areas of operations and supply chain management and serves on the edi...
Biography Professor Kathleen O''Connor is an associate professor of management and organizations at the Johnson Graduate School of Management. She is an organizational psychologist who studies negotiation, teamwork, and decision making. O''Connor''s current research centers on two areas: negotiat...
Dr. S. Alex Yang's research focuses on operations management under financial frictions, including supply chain finance and innovation; managing operations for financially constrained companies; insurance and other tools for supply chain risk management. His other research interests include busine...
David is a sought after contributor to executive education programmes, keynote speaker and a trusted advisor to senior executives around the world. David's research and thinking has led him to be named Thinker of the month (September 2018) by Thinkers50 and included in the 2019 Thinkers50 radar o...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.