Who should attend
New and experienced managers, team leaders and supervisors, as well as individual contributors at all levels that have interest in personal development and an interest in building effective networks.
About the course
For managers who have already attended Introduction to Emotional Intelligence (EI), this program takes the learning to a new level with an in-depth look at the Intentional Change Process, an empirically-proven framework for achieving desired, sustained, behavioral transformation. Learn how successful leaders maintain their motivation, high performance, and ability to inspire others to achieve outstanding results time and again.
Participants must have attended Introduction to Emotional Intelligence prior to attending this program, to gain intermediate background knowledge.
- Review of EI concepts
- Power stress and the cycle of sacrifice and renewal
- Developing EI (and achieving renewal) through the Process of Intentional Change
- Developing a personal vision
- Creating and leveraging a personal development network
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Develop a refined understanding of emotional and social intelligence
- Understand the challenges of sustaining effective leadership over time
- Learn the concept of Intentional Change Theory, an empirically-proven process for achieving sustained, desired change
- Learn how to effectively build and leverage networks of relationships to facilitate personal change efforts
Intuitively, we know the relationship between leaders and employees can have a dramatic effect on employee contribution and organizational success. The research and teaching of Melvin Smith, PhD, reveal the structure of this relationship. His work on the nature of leadership and the role emotiona...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.