Who should attend
- Individuals involved in the operation and financial performance of a restaurant or food and beverage service, from line-level employees through general management.
- Individuals who are new to the food and beverage industry and need to learn more about the specifics around restaurant operations.
- Students from every continent and from a diverse range of organizations, including franchisees, managed service contractors such as stadiums or arenas, hospitals, airlines and caterers.
- Students who do not work in restaurants but need to be conversant in operations of food and beverage providers will also benefit from these courses.
About the course
Loyal repeat customers are key to the success of any food and beverage operation. They represent recurring revenue and are a great source for feedback and gauging customer sentiment. They can also be your greatest evangelists, recommending you to friends and colleagues, even giving favorable online reviews.
Through careful design, meticulous attention to service processes, and a way to gauge customer sentiment, you can play to your team's strengths and identify opportunities for improving the guest experience to grow your business.
KEY COURSE TAKEAWAYS
- Define standards of performance that impact guest experience and create a competitive advantage
- Identify service recovery strategies that satisfy guests and prevent problems from occurring again
- Identify opportunities to improve how you are gathering, interpreting, and utilizing guest feedback to improve guest loyalty
Alex M. Susskind is an associate professor at the School of Hotel Administration and a member of the graduate field of communication at Cornell University. He earned his PhD in communication (with cognates in organizational communication and organizational behavior) from Michigan State University...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.