Building Game-Changing Organizations: Aligning Purpose, Performance, and People
Participants in this organizational strategy program will learn what it takes to build game-changing companies that make their teams and areas of responsibility world-class talent factories. They will also discuss the importance of building an innovative company culture and learn from the successes and challenges of various companies that have been on similar journeys of transformation.
Game-changing organizations rewrite traditional playbooks. They stand out. They often create disproportionate value relative to their size and resources. They have big dreams but know how to get things done. These organizations have a palpable "buzz" to them. They have a breakaway business model, but they also have a breakaway spirit and organizational culture. Leaders of these game-changing organizations understand the power and importance of telling their companies' compelling stories. They are hard-edged business leaders but they also embrace what others might consider to be the "soft side" of leading: purpose, vision, and climate. They know how to integrate the hard and soft sides of leadership into a powerful formula that makes them game-changers. These leaders and their organizations are purpose-driven, performance-oriented, and principles-led. The weaving together of these three capabilities simultaneously is what helps them get and stay out in front.
Participants in this program will:
- Understand what it takes to build game-changing organizations
- Be provided with the resources and tools to articulate their company's powerful story—what we call their "collective ambition"
- Examine how to integrate the "soft" side of leading (purpose, vision, culture) with the hard side (strategy, operational priorities, brand) into a powerful formula
- Understand the importance of building an authentic and energizing culture
- Understand what it takes to make their companies world-class talent factories
Sample Schedule—Subject to Change
DAY 1 SAMPLE
- 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 09:00 AM - 12:30 PM Building Game-Changing Organizations―Aligning Purpose, Performance and Principles; Practitioners’ Corner: Aligning Purpose, Performance and Principles
- 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM Networking Lunch
- 1:30 PM - 3:15 PM Building New Capabilities for a New Economy – Talent & Culture at Work – The BlackRock Story
- 3:40 PM - 4:50 PM Crafting Your Story – The Power of Collective Ambition
- 4:50 PM - 5:00 PM Reflections on Day I
- 5:00PM - 6:00PM Networking Reception
DAY 2 SAMPLE
- 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM Building a Game-Changing Talent Strategy – cont.
- 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM Leading Multi-Generational Teams
- 11:20 AM - 1:45 PM Group Discussion: Your Company’s Talent Challenges
- 12:45 PM - 1:45 PM Networking Lunch
- 1:45 PM - 1:55 PM Certificate Presentations
- 1:55 PM - 3:30 PM Developing a Game-Changing Leader’s Mindset
- 03:40 PM - 04:00 PM Reflection and Action Planning: Leadership Challenges for Game-Changing Organizations
- 4:00 PM - 4:00 PM Adjourn
Who should attend
This program is geared to upper to senior level managers who are responsible for or make strong contributions to their companies' strategy, vision, and operational priorities. In larger companies that would usually mean being among the top 500 enterprise leaders: division, business unit, functional or geographic leadership team members. In smaller firms, it might mean the team that is propelling the company forward. The program will also be extremely valuable for HR professionals who are in senior roles and responsible for contributing to enterprise-wide change or capability building efforts.