Building Facilities and Maintenance Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
It was important that buildings continue to be properly maintained to ensure that they can function as efficiently and effectively as possible in supporting the delivery of a wide range of services.
At the same time, the deterioration of buildings due to the lack of maintenance could lead to future financial burdens, pose legal and other industrial relations issues and affect the delivery of services.
Therefore, the maintenance of buildings is critical to the proper management of physical assets and the overall management of capital to achieve agency outputs and institutional outcomes.
Identifying building problems and understanding of building materials and its mechanical and electrical systems are aspects of the process of preserving and conserving building quality and to ensure the efficiencies of the facilities. At the same time, other main causes of building maintenance problems are:
Fungal stain and harmful growth, erosion of mortar joints, poor installation of air-conditioning systems, defects in plastered wall, crack walls and leaning walls, defective rainwater goods system, delayed floor board, insect and termites attack, roof defects, Participants will leave the program understanding the common cause of building defects and learn to develop a framework for the management of maintenance required to provide a consistent approach to the planning, management and reporting of building maintenance.
- Explain building facilities, defects and maintenance management
- Operate the correct procedure in solving the problems with reinforced concrete structures, building materials caused by moisture or water, defects from roofing system, sanitary system, plumbing system
- Employ mechanical and electrical systems in building facilities
- Identify the defects liability and product warranty, duties of defects management and common building defects problem
- Develop the basic framework for defects and maintenance management as well as the system for reporting and monitoring
- Practice and apply safety maintenance, water drainage procedure and piping maintenance
- Defects and Maintenance Management
- Problems Associated with Reinforced Concrete Structures
- Problems of Building Materials caused by Moisture and Water
- Problems Associated with Defects from the Roofing System
- Problems of Sanitary System and Plumbing System
- Mechanical and Electrical Systems Associated with Building Facilities
- Defects Liability and Product Warranty
- Duties of Defects Management and Roles & Responsibilities of Maintenance Supervisors
- Common Building Defects Problem
- Basic Framework for Defects and Maintenance Management
- System for Reporting and Monitoring of Building Services
- Safety Maintenance
- Water Drainage and Piping Management
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for all managers and supervisors responsible for the maintenance of buildings and facilities and to those who are responsible in developing and building a maintenance framework.