Who should attend
- Insider Threat Program Team Members
- Insider Threat Program Managers
About the course
This seven (7) hour online course provides a thorough understanding of the organizational models for an insider threat program, the necessary components to have an effective program, the key stakeholders who need to be involved in the process, and basic education on the implementation and guidance of the program.
This training is based upon the research of the CERT Insider Threat Center of the Software Engineering Institute. The CERT Insider Threat Center has been researching this problem since 2001 in partnership with the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), the Department of Homeland Security, the U.S. Secret Service, other federal agencies, the intelligence community, private industry, academia, and the vendor community. This training course supports organizations implementing and managing insider threat detection and prevention programs based on various government mandates or guidance including: Presidential Executive Order 13587, the National Insider Threat Policy and Minimum Standards, and proposed changes set forth in the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
At the completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- State the key components and principles of a formalized insider threat program
- Identify the critical organizational entities that must participate in the development, implementation, and operation of the program
- Begin or enhance their strategic planning for developing and implementing a formalized insider threat program
- Create an implementation plan and roll-out
- Identify the type of staff and skills needed as part of the insider threat program operational team
- Identify the types of policies and procedures needed to institutionalize the insider threat program
- Identify existing organizational policies and procedures which require enhancement to support the insider threat program activities
- Determine the types of infrastructure requirements needed to support the insider threat program operations
- Identify the type of governance and management support needed to sustain a formal insider threat program
This online course contains seven (7) hours of video instruction presented by experts from the CERT Insider Threat Center. Additionally, the course includes questions to confirm and reinforce your understanding of the concepts presented. The topics you will study are:
- Components of an Insider Threat Program
- Requirements for a formal program
- Organization-wide participation
- Oversight of program compliance and effectiveness
- Integration with enterprise risk management
- Prevention, detention and response infrastructure
- Insider Threat training and awareness
- Confidential reporting procedures and mechanisms
Learners will have one year to complete the course. Upon completing all course elements, the learner is awarded an electronic certificate of course completion.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.