Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program benefits those in a mid- to senior-level management or executive role responsible for operations, supply chain, sourcing, procurement, or sustainability. Titles of participants have included
- Director, Quality & Risk Management
- Perishable Network Manager
- Chief, Material Planning
- Buyer/Inventory Supervisor
- Director of Sales
About the course
Sustainability in the supply chain provides a win-win for every organization—it’s good for the environment and for profitability. This program will equip you with the latest tools, concepts, and business practices for managing an environmentally and economically sustainable supply chain.
Improve your ability to:
- Identify, understand, and measure the environmental and social risks of greatest strategic importance to your business
- Integrate environmental and social measures into core supply chain fundamentals from procurement to operations management
- Reduce operating cost and risks
- Design waste out of your products, services, and value chain
- Build brand and reputational equity
- Improve supply chain resiliency and business continuity
- Stay ahead of regulatory pressure
This program will be highly participatory and action oriented. Your preconceptions will be challenged and you will leave with a more holistic view of how sustainability offers a breadth of both challenges and opportunities.
Best Practices in Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Supplier assessment and development
- Sustainable procurement to reduce cost and risk
- Advanced strategies for collaborations and industry consortia
Measuring Impacts and Returns
- Adding value and reducing risk thru life-cycle assessment
- Accounting tools for auditing, tracking and reporting progress
Dynamic Regulatory and Voluntary Market Drivers
- What they mean and how to benefit from them: new regulations, certifications and standards
- Changing legal frameworks around the world
- Use of patents and legal protections to secure competitive advantage for sustainable products and services
Product Innovation, Design, and Stewardship
- The impact of product design decisions
- Extended producer responsibility
- "Servicizing" and closed loop supply chains
Social Impact Management
- Strategic stakeholder engagement for product/service innovation
- Understanding deep supply chain issues
- Working with NGO’s, civil society, and government
Value Created for You and Your Company
The logistics sector has been at the forefront of green innovation for the direct results it drives to the bottom line. The best supply chain leadership today requires the identification and management of environmental and social risks and opportunities. You will leave with specific, practical steps that will immediately begin to add value by focusing on the largest sustainability risks and opportunities.
Professor Guide is the Smeal Chaired Professor of Operations & Supply Chain Management. He joined the faculty at the Smeal College of Business in the fall of 2002. He was a visiting research fellow at INSEAD (2001-2003). His research has appeared in numerous academic and managerial journals, ...
Mark Anner is an Associate Professor of Labor and Employment Relations, and Political Science, and he is the Director of the Center for Global Workers’ Rights. He also directs the School’s Master’s Program in Labor and Global Workers’ Rights, which is a part of the Global Labour University networ...
Erik is the Director of Sustainability and Instructor in Management and Organization. Erik teaches and leads workshops in leadership and strategy, entrepreneurship, sustainability strategy, and facilitation. His focus and passion is on growing organizations with servant leadership, hard-nosed bus...
Retired Vice President Environment, Health, Safety, and Sustainability International Paper He was responsible for worldwide environment, health, safety, and sustainability (EHS&S) management systems, programs and initiatives until his retirement in March 2016. Prior to joining International ...
Sustainability and Business Consultant, Former Chief Sustainability Officer and Vice President, Environment, Health & Safety and Vice President, Procurement for Alcoa, Inc. Kevin McKnight spent 35 years with Alcoa, Inc. serving in various leadership roles including Chief Sustainability Offic...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.