Who should attend
Middle- to senior-level managers who want to improve their strategic thinking, decision making, and problem-solving skills and deliver results.
About the course
Coined by James Womack and Daniel Jones in the 1980s from their in-depth study of the Toyota Production System, Lean seeks to maximize customer value while minimizing waste. However, more than implementing best practices, creating a Lean Enterprise requires a paradigm shift in the way we think about and manage operations.
During this certificate course, participants will shift their focus from managing separate processes, technologies, departments, and assets to optimizing the flow of materials, products, or services and information through the entire value stream.
Eliminating waste from a value stream rather than at isolated points increases the speed of delivery, improves quality, reduces costs, and enables an organization to be agile in its reaction to customer and market changes.
Value Stream Mapping
- The Current-State Map
- What Makes a Value-Stream Lean?
- The Future-State Map
- Creating Continuous Flow
- Creating a Level Pull System
- Making Materials Flow
Zero Quality Control
- Inspection Systems
- Zero Quality Control Systems
- Using Poka-Yoke (Mistake Proof) Systems
The A3 Problem-Solving Methodology
- The A3 Methodology
- Completing an A3
- Implementing the A3 Process
Benefits to Employers
- Become the standard of excellence in your industry
- Improve systematic problems within the organization
- Create a culture of critical analytical thinking
- Increase speed of delivery, improve quality, and reduce costs
- Improve strategic leadership thinking
- Instill a mindset of continuous improvement
- Improve an individual value stream through a live project
Benefits to Employees
- Learn how to solve systematic problems
- Develop strategic thinking skills
- Reduce organizational costs
- Improve ability to lead people, processes, and information
- Gain experience in improving an individual value stream through a live project
Education: MBA, Strategic Operations, 3.7 GPA @ University of Utah - David Eccles School of Business Dynamic Organizational Leader with over 10 years of experience in managing and motivating diverse staff populations with varied backgrounds, cultures and nationalities. Experienced in Lean Opera...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.