Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
People Managers, Functional Managers, Divisional Leaders, and Executives Employee Resource Group Leaders Human Resource Practitioners Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Leaders
About the course
Beyond identifying exclusionary practices and embracing DEI practices at the team level, leaders need to implement organizational change. This online program looks at how you can sustain inclusion efforts by making retention, performance reviews, and promotion policies more inclusive. To develop strategies that centralize DEI in lasting ways, you will also learn how to communicate these values through multiple levels of operations. Beyond identifying techniques within organizations, this program will explore ways to foreground inclusion beyond organizations through relationships with vendors, customers, and the community.
How You Will Benefit
- Establish retention and promotion strategies that cultivate inclusion
- Improve communications in mentoring, meetings, and messaging
- Build external relationships with vendors, customers, and community that support the diversity, equity, and inclusion values
- Create a system for continuous learning and growth
Module 1 – Building Systems for Retention & Growth
- Retention: Why do people stay?
- Managing Bias in Performance Reviews
- Promotion & Policies
Module 2 – Know Thyself
- Advancement Strategies for Traditionally Marginalized Communities (Mentorship, Sponsorship, Professional Development)
- How to Prepare and Run Inclusive Meetings
- How to Communicate Your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Priorities Internally & Externally
Module 3 – Building External Relationships that Support Your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
- Diversifying Vendor & Customer Relationships
- Building Community Through DEI
- Building in Continuous Improvement
Justin Ponder, Ph.D. is a professor at Marion University in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin. He teaches courses on ethnic studies, African American studies, and ethnic minority literature. He is published in numerous journals and books on the issue of race and identity politics, exploring the ways to brid...
Deanna Singh is a business consultant, speaker, and podcaster who is internationally recognized for her work in leadership, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Deanna helps clients create more equitable and inclusive work environments and engage more authentically within their internal and external...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.