Who should attend
Executives, Mid and Senior Level Professionals, Aspiring board members from any profession, Those undertaking a career transition towards a portfolio career
About the course
Establishing a board career can add great value to your professional life; while you’re still working, or if you’re looking to craft the next stage of your career transition. Setting out on your board journey in a meaningful and considered method helps you to get on to the board of your dreams and start your board career on the right foot. This hands-on workshop will guide you through a process to lead you into the boardroom. It will enable you to identify the unique strengths and assets that you have to offer a board, understand how best to position your personal brand, leverage your professional reputation and credibility, craft a powerful board resume, and develop your personal board networking strategy.
What will you learn?
- Learn about what you can do now with your professional career to help you to build a parallel board career (or transition to a board career)
- Identify your short and long term board goals
- Define the unique value that you have to offer a board
- Understand how to design and establish your personal brand, and learn practical ways to accelerate your professional reputation and credibility
- Build a standout board resume
- Outline a networking strategy aligned with your long-term board career goals
Sonali is the Founder and Facilitator at Equality Consulting, based out of Adelaide, SA. Her work is valued in areas of developing inclusive leaders, leveraging diversity benefits and what can help organisations create inclusive work cultures. Prior to this, Sonali worked for over fifteen years i...
Lisa is the Founder and Managing Director of Get on Board Australia. She has over a decade of experience serving on boards from a range of organisations in the private, public, and not-for profit sectors in Adelaide, Sydney and across Australia, including Shooting Australia, Australian College of...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.