Who should attend
The program is designed to benefit Managers, Executives and Company Directors/Owners without accounting/finance skill or knowledge but keen on translating their strategies into financials
About the course
This course seeks to explain the link between an organisation’s budget and its strategic plan, advise managers of the overall organisational goal, project organisational and department-specific volumes, recognise the relationship between volume, revenue and expenses, and set organisational and department-specific budgetary goals using peer benchmarks.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
At the end of this programme, you will gain the :
- Knowledge of the common accounting tools companies use for planning and controlling what to do for customer satisfaction and market place success.
- Provision of a measure of the financial results a company expects from its planned activities.
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and how to avoid them.
- Financial Planning and Control
- Budgets and Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Steps in Developing an Operating Budget, Cash
- Budget, Budgeted Income Statement and the Balance Sheet
- Budget Preparation Case Study
- Budgeting, Responsibility Accounting and Human Aspects of Budgeting
- Capital Budgeting
- Sensitivity Analysis in Budgeting
- Cash Budgeting
- Budgeting and IT (1)
- Budgeting and IT (2)
- Interpreting Budget Reports (Variances) – General Session
- Interpreting Budget Reports (Variances) – Work in Teams
Dr. Owolabi teaches, undertakes research and consults in areas which include financial modeling, corporate financial accounting, strategic cost management, taxation and environmental accounting. Having studied electronic/electrical engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University where he graduated wit...
Кayode is a Faculty in finance and strategy at the Lagos Business School. He was formerly the Academic Director of the International Management Programme (IMP), inaugural chairman of the Assurance of Learning (AOL), Committee and deputy chairman of the Curriculum Development and Assurance of Lear...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.