Lagos Business School
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The program is designed to benefit Managers, Executives and Company Directors/Owners without accounting/finance skill or knowledge but keen on translating their strategies into financials
About the course
The needs to link the budget to the organization's strategic plan, advise the managers of the overall organization goals, project organizational and department-specific volumes, recognize the relationship between volume and revenue, between volume and expenses, and set many of the organizational and department specific budgetary goals using peer benchmarks are the issues discussed in this seminar. We also discuss how to prepare various Budgets including Cash Budgets.
- Financial Planning and Control
- Budgets and Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Steps in Developing an Operating Budget, Cash
- Budget, Budgeted Income Statement and the Balance Sheet
- Budget Preparation Case Study
- Budgeting, Responsibility Accounting and Human Aspects of Budgeting
- Capital Budgeting
- Sensitivity Analysis in Budgeting
- Cash Budgeting
- Budgeting and IT (1)
- Budgeting and IT (2)
- Interpreting Budget Reports (Variances) - General Session
- Interpreting Budget Reports (Variances) - Work in Teams
Key Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge of the common accounting tools companies use for planning and controlling what they must do to satisfy their customers and succeed in the market place.
- Provision of a measure of the financial results companies expects from their planned activities.
- Knowledge on how to anticipate potential problems and avoid them.
- Instead of subsequently facing problems, managers can focus their energies on exploiting opportunities
Dr. Owolabi teaches, undertakes research and consults in areas which include financial modeling, corporate financial accounting, strategic cost management, taxation and environmental accounting. Having studied electronic/electrical engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University where he graduated wit...
Кayode is a Faculty in finance and strategy at the Lagos Business School. He was formerly the Academic Director of the International Management Programme (IMP), inaugural chairman of the Assurance of Learning (AOL), Committee and deputy chairman of the Curriculum Development and Assurance of Lear...