Who should attend
This course is designed for individuals who want to improve the quality and impact of their briefings and presentations.
About the course
For many, public speaking is an anxiety-inducing part of their work. Given that this daunting task is a responsibility for nearly every professional, how will you ensure that you’re communicating clearly and confidently? Learn to create and organize content, to write compelling introductions, and ultimately to anticipate audience needs. Apply best practices, practice delivery techniques, and select appropriate visual aids to make sure your next presentation is less intimidating, more effective, and well-received.
- Analyze the characteristics of effective briefings and presentations
- Prepare for delivering different types of briefings and presentations
- Develop a natural speaking presence for delivering presentations
- Use compelling visuals and stories to engage your audience
- Deliver an effective presentation using industry best practices
Introduction to Briefings and Presentations
- Expectations of Effective Briefings and Presentations
- Evaluating Briefings and Presentations
Preparing for Briefings and Presentations
- Planning for Presentations
- Preparing for Different Presentation Types
Delivery Skills and Challenges
- Addressing Fears and Managing Expectations
- Establishing a Speaking Presence
Making Presentations Memorable
- Incorporating Visual Aids
- Involving the Audience
- Presenting Memorable Stories
Capstone: Delivering Effective Presentations
- Presenting to Your Peers
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.