Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- General managers overseeing full-service hotels
- Senior hospitality professionals such as managing directors, assistant general managers, executive assistant managers, and operations directors
About the course
This program focuses on how to use the tools of finance to evaluate capital investment ideas and sell them to hotel owners and brands. We begin by identifying capital investment opportunities in your property. We then assess the attractiveness of capital investment projects using both simple and sophisticated financial approaches. Finally, we demonstrate ways to use financial analysis to appeal to owners, brands, and other stakeholders.
Uncovering the Value in Capital Investments
Using Financial Acumen to Sell Your Investment Ideas
Optimizing Recurring Investments
Putting It All Together and Selling Ideas to Stakeholders
Key course takeaways
- Identify capital investment opportunities in your property: slack, underutilization, and projects to increase revenues or reduce costs
- Assess the attractiveness of capital investment projects using simple and sophisticated financial tools
- Stress-test capital investment analyses
- Optimize recurring investment decisions
- Develop the tools and practice pitching investment ideas using key financial data
Biography Pamela Moulton is an associate professor of finance at Cornell''s School of Hotel Administration. Her teaching and research interests include financial markets and market microstructure, with a special interest in the role of investors. Her current research focuses on the impact of high...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.