About the course
This instructor-led 3 day Blockchain Architecture training is for technical leaders who need to make decisions about architecture, environment, and development platforms. The Certified Blockchain Solution Architecture exam is included with class. The class covers the following topics:
- What is Blockchain
- How does Blockchain work
- Types of Blockchains
- How is Blockchain different from what we have today
- What are use cases for Blockchain
- What does a Blockchain app look like
- How do I design a Blockchain app
- How do I develop a Blockchain app
- How do I test a Blockchain app
With class you will receive:
- Expert Instructor through class
- Digital Course Material: View from anywhere and any device
- Digital Exam Prep Material: View from anywhere and any device
- Exam Voucher for CBSA certification at Pearson VUE: Valid for 6 months
- Class is recorded (WebEx classes only) and you have one year of access
Chapter 1: What is Blockchain
- Blockchain Basic Principles
- Centralized and Decentralized Ledgers
- Mechanics of Blockchain
- What is a Block?
- How are Blocks Chained Together?
Chapter 2: How Does Blockchain Work
- Benefits and Drawbacks of Blockchain
- Public Key Cryptography
- Cryptographic Hashing
- Blockchain Consensus
- Proof of Work Consensus
- Proof of Stake Consensus
- Other Consensus Mechanisms Explained
- Lifecycle of a Public Blockchain Transaction
Chapter 3: Types of Blockchains
- Public vs Private Blockchains
- Open vs Closed Blockchains
- Open Source Blockchain Projects
- Blockchain Smart Contracts
- Tokens and Coins
- Using Gas in Ethereum
- “Blockless” Solution Platforms
Chapter 4: How is Blockchain Different Than What We Have Today
- Types of Networks
- Centralized Networks
- Distributed Networks
- Decentralized Networks
- Software vs Firmware
- Blockchain vs Database
Chapter 5: What Does a Blockchain Application Look Like?
- Blockchain Application Architecture
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- User Interaction Layer
- Middle/Interface Layer
- Smart Contracts/Chaincode
Chapter 6: How Do I Design a Blockchain Application?
- Guiding Design Principles
- Personas (User Types)
- User Stories (Application Interaction)
- Application Functional Requirements
- Application Technical Requirements
- Design Tasks
- Fundamental Design Questions
Chapter 7: How Do I Develop a Blockchain Application?
- Fundamental Design Concepts
- Calling External Contracts
- Error Handling
- Pull vs Push Payments
- On-Chain Data
- Local Testing Recommendations
- Not Using Agile Development Process
- Technology Design Decisions
- Monolithic vs Modular
- Complexity Models
Chapter 8: How Do I test a Blockchain Application?
- Blockchain Testing Approaches
- Unit Testing
- Developer Level Testing
- Configuration & Environment Testing
- Load/Performance Testing
- Volume/Stress Testing
- Regression Testing
- Application Bug Classifications
- User Load Testing
- Key Blockchain Architecture Testing Questions
Chapter 9: Use Cases for Blockchain
- Real world implementations of Blockchain
About On Demand Learning
This class is designed for those who prefer to develop the skills they need on their time and at their own pace. You will be provided one year of access to the class and all supporting course material.
On Demand learning will give you the the ability to start, stop and rewind the chapters.
This class will not support questions or have a live instructor-interaction;
if you would like live training please view our Instructor-led Architecture Class.
Kris Bennett is excited about Web 3.0 and he wants you to be as well! Over the past twenty years we’ve watched as the internet has democratized content distribution and social interaction. Now we’re poised to watch the same transformation in the worlds of commerce and consumer-to-consumer busines...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.