Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Blockchain Architects
- Blockchain Developers
- Application Developers
- Blockchain System Administrators
- Network Security Architects
- Cyber Security Experts
- IT Professionals w/cyber security experience
About the course
Blockchain Training Alliance is now offering an industry leading Blockchain Security course. This dynamic instructor led course covers all known aspects of Blockchain security that exist in the Blockchain environment today. This course provides a detailed overview of all Blockchain security issues, including threats, risk mitigation, node security integrity, confidentiality, best security practices, advanced Blockchain security and more. The in-depth lab sessions will provide the student with practical, real world tools for not only recognizing security threats, but mitigation and prevention as well.
Security for Blockchain Professionals is designed for:
Existing architects, software developers, system and network administrators who are responsible for implementing, identifying, and managing security on their Blockchain network. Also, those who are responsible for, and are required to mitigate, recognize, and resolve Blockchain security problems. Students will participate in security labs which will go in-depth into security best practices, known attack vectors, threat identification, response techniques, and much more.
Due to the in-depth focus on technical cyber-security methods, and the broad scope of this course, those with current cyber-security knowledge, Blockchain architecture, and/or experienced programmers will benefit the most from this course.
What You Will Learn
Those who attend the Security for Blockchain Professionals course and pass the exam certification will have a demonstrated knowledge of:
- Identifying and differentiating between security threats and attacks on a Blockchain network.
- Blockchain security methods, best practices, risk mitigation, and more.
- All known (to date) cyber-attack vectors on the Blockchain.
- Performing Blockchain network security risk analysis.
- A complete understanding of Blockchain’s inherent security features and risks.
- An excellent knowledge of best security practices for Blockchain System/Network Administrators.
- Demonstrating appropriate Blockchain data safeguarding techniques.
Day 1: Blockchain Security Fundamentals
Module 1: Fundamental Blockchain Security
- Cryptography for the Blockchain
- A Brief Introduction to Blockchain
- Blockchain Security Assumptions
- Limitations of Basic Blockchain Security
Module 2: Consensus in the Blockchain
- Blockchain Consensus and Byzantine Generals
- Introduction to Blockchain Consensus Security
- Proof of Work
- Proof of Stake
- Other Blockchain Consensus Algorithms
Module 3: Advanced Blockchain Security Mechanisms
- Architectural Security Measures
- Permissioned Blockchains
- Advanced Cryptographic Solutions
- Multiparty Signatures
- Zero-Knowledge Proofs
- Stealth Addresses
- Ring Signatures Confidential Transactions
Module 4: Smart Contract Security
- Introduction to Smart Contracts
- Smart Contract Security Considerations
- Smart Contract Code Auditing
Day 2: Blockchain Security Implementations
Module 5: Blockchain Risk Assessment
- Blockchain Risk Considerations
- Regulatory Requirements
- Blockchain Architectural Design
Module 6: Basic Blockchain Security
- User Security
- Node Security
- Network Security
Module 7: Blockchain for Business
- Introduction to Ethereum Security
- Introduction to Hyperledger Security
- Introduction to Corda Security
Module 8: Securely Implementing Business Blockchains
- Business Operations
- Data Management
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
Day 3: Known Security Vulnerabilities and Solutions
Module 9: Network-Level Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- 51% Attacks
- Denial of Service Attacks
- Eclipse Attacks
- Replay Attacks
- Routing Attacks
- Sybil Attacks
Module 10: System-Level Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- The Bitcoin Hack
- The Verge Hack
- The EOS Vulnerability
- The Lisk Vulnerability
Module 11: Smart Contract Vulnerabilities and Attacks
- Access Control
- Unchecked Return Values
- Denial of Service
- Bad Randomness
- Race Conditions
- Timestamp Dependence
- Short Addresses
Module 12: Security of Alternative DLT Architectures
- Introduction to DAG-Based DLTs
- Advantages of DAG-Based DLTs
- Limitations of DAG-Based DLTs
Dates On Demand
This On Demand video training class on Blockchain Security is for those seeking a detailed overview of Blockchain security issues, including threats, risk mitigation, node security integrity, confidentiality, best security practices, advanced Blockchain security and more.
This class is designed for those who prefer to develop the skills they need on their time and at their own pace. You will be provided one year of access to the class and all supporting course material.
This training will give you the the ability to start, stop and rewind the chapters.
This class will not support questions or have a live instructor-interaction;
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.