Who should attend
Corporate executives, business leaders, innovation architects, finance professionals and anyone else who is interested in the technology or wants a better understanding of it to be an authority in their business. This course is also great for beginners who are interested in obtaining a fundamental understanding of Blockchain; no technical knowledge or experience required.
About the course
Blockchain Essentials 2020 is our latest, definitive introduction to blockchain for anyone who wants to learn more about the technology. In this course, we go beyond Bitcoin and look at the future of blockchain, cryptocurrency, tokens, and new, modern, and next-generation blockchain implementations like Ethereum— a blockchain that many observers believe has the promise to revolutionize business and usher in a new age of the internet, with its “world computer”.
Beyond the technology, we'll also introduce you to some of the philosophy behind decentralization and why so many people are excited about it.
- Upon completion of this course, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand some of the excitement around Blockchain
- Know the basic building blocks of the technology
- Explain why hash functions are important
- Describe ledgers and distributed ledgers
- Discuss dapps with confidence
- Explain what a smart contract is
- Discuss how public key cryptography works
- Understand why the blockchain is secure
- Compare server-based and peer-to-peer networks
- Describe blockchain platforms and extensions
- Discuss how blockchains could affect businesses
- Well-structured content to provide a basic knowledge of the essential core of blockchain technology
- High-production value animated video content, with a wide range of examples to help you better understand the presented topics in an engaging way
- Reading Materials to deepen your understanding of the material presented in the course
- Knowledge tests throughout
It will take you approximately 10 hours to complete this course.
This course consists of 7 self-paced modules.
1-year access to the course content from the date of enrollment.
No technical or previous experience in the blockchain is required.
The cost of certification is not included in this course.
Module 1: Introduction to blockchain
- The Bitcoin Revolution?
- A Bit About ConsenSys and This Course
- A Paper Blockchain
- Why Blockchain is Exciting
- A Brief History of Blockchain
- Module 1: Reading Materials
Module 2: Foundational blockchain concepts
- Ledgers & Distributed Ledgers
- Understanding Consensus
- Public Key Cryptography
- Module 2: Reading Materials
Module 3: Cryptocurrency
- Module 3: Reading Materials
Module 4: Technical foundations
- Digital Signing
- Hash Functions
- What is a Block?
- The Chain of Blocks
- Nodes and Networks
- Module 4: Reading Materials
Module 5: Different kinds of blockchains
- Trust Frameworks and Consensus Mechanisms
- Public, Private & Consortium Blockchains and Interoperability
- When to Use a Blockchain
- Implications of Blockchain on Traditional Business
- Module 5: Reading Materials
- Module 5: Supplemental Reading Materials
Module 6: Advanced topics
- Bitcoin & Ethereum
- Smart Contracts and the EVM
- Decentralized Apps
- Blockchain Platforms and Extensions
- Blockchain Solution Architecture
- Module 6: Reading Materials
- Module 6: Supplemental Reading Materials
Module 7: Use cases
Module 8: Final assessments
- Final Assessment
- All units must be completed
- Leads to a certification with a duration: 2 years
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.