Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Oxford Management Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
This Oxford Blockchain and other Emerging Technology training course will teach you everything you need to know to provide your management team with high-level strategic representation on digital issues for the next 12 months. It will give you enough information to understand the importance, and future impact, of a range of emerging technologies and to feel confident discussing the impact of those technologies with anyone in your organisation. You will understand the commercial, organisational, managerial, and indeed personal opportunities that these new technologies represent.
You will leave with an understanding of the challenges and opportunities that these technologies bring without getting lost in their often bewildering jargon and technical detail. After completing this course you will feel confident taking part in conversations about Blockchain and other Emerging Technology with everyone from your CEO to your most advanced technologists - and maybe even impress your friends and family with your newly acquired knowledge.
This Oxford training seminar will highlight:
- Blockchain (crypto-currencies)
- Blockchain (smart contracts)
- Artificial intelligence
- Social Media
At the end of this Oxford training seminar, you will learn to:
- Understand in broad terms how each technology works
- Apply this understanding in the context of your business
- Explain the impact of new technologies to colleagues
- Analyse the likely future impact of digital technologies
- Develop this understanding as change continues
This Oxford training course on Blockchain and Other Emerging Technology will contain an engaging mix of core content, inspiring case studies, and group work affording the opportunity to relate the content to your own business and also to learn from other course participants.
Your organisation will gain the following valuable expertise, and timely insights, into a technological revolution that is touching every aspect of modern life:
- Strategic understanding of opportunities and threats
- Tactical responses to immediate challenges
- New managerial approaches
- How to adapt corporate culture for a connected workforce
- Ways of increasing employee engagement and retaining staff
- Ensuring their ability to attract key talent
You will finish this Oxford training course, confident in your ability to talk knowledgeably about the impact of new technology including:
- A knowledge of the terminology and jargon related to new technologies
- A grasp of the nature of the tools and the reasons for their impact
- A strategic view of the future impact of technology on your sector
- An ability to use online networks to remain informed and to build influence
- Awareness of possible new career choices in the future
- You will be armed against the risks to individual careers of automation and the use of AI
Day 1 The Changing Technology Landscape
- Increasing Speed of Change and How to Respond to It
- Vastly Expanded Range of Possibilities – How to choose?
- The Core Technologies – An Overview
- Case Studies of their Effective Application
- Group Work Discussing Where You and Your Organization are Currently
Day 2 Digging into the Technologies and their Impact
- Blockchain - The Principles
- Blockchain - Cryptocurrencies
- Blockchain – Smart Contracts
- Artificial Intelligence
- Social Media
- Big Data
Day 3 The Challenges – Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence
- Managing an Organization Transitioning to Automation
- The Decentralizing Potential of Blockchain
- Blockchain meets the Real World
- Legislating Blockchain and Ensuring its Effectiveness
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in a Corporate Setting
- Choose Your Patterns Carefully
- Black Box AI and Problematic Futures
Day 4 The Challenges – Social Media and Big Data
- How to Harness the Power of Networks for Business
- Getting Your Story Across to both Staff and Customers
- Using Social Tools to Get Smarter Faster and to Stay Ahead of the Robots!
- Big Data and Patterns – What to look out for?
- Working out - What Big data is telling you?
- Deciding What to Do About It
Day 5 The Future
- Anticipating a Future Driven by Technology
- Working out Your Place in that Future
- Adapting Your Business to Survive and Thrive
- The Ideology of Algorithms
- Technology is Too Important to Leave to Technologists
Who should attend
This Oxford training seminar will greatly benefit:
- Anyone in work whose future will be affected by digital technologies – which means anyone!
- Those who have a responsibility to their organisations to identify the opportunities and threats represented by digital technology
In addition, this Oxford training seminar will be of great interest to those people involve on:
- Line Management