This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification from JMU demonstrates to an employer that you are trained in advanced problem-solving skills and the statistical tools necessary to effectively lead process improvement. Certified Black Belts directly impact an organization’s bottom line. As one of the elite few who pursue this certificate, a Master Black Belt-certified instructor will provide you with advanced understanding of team dynamics, as well as how to improve a team’s leadership skills and competently assign roles and responsibilities to team members.
JMU Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification will enable you to:
- Implement Six Sigma philosophies, principles, and related systems and tools; describe their impact on various business processes
- Recognize organizational roadblocks and use change management techniques
- Define benchmarking and utilize various financial and other business performance measures
- Identify customer requirements and describe the impact that Six Sigma projects may have on various types of customers
- Demonstrate understanding of project charter elements and use various tools to track progress
- Demonstrate basic understanding of data collection techniques, process elements, and process analysis tools
- Perform hypothesis testing and analyze results
- Design experiments and analyze results
- Develop control plans and use various tools to maintain and sustain improvements
- Assign team members roles and responsibilities
The value of enrolling in our online Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course extends beyond the all-inclusive program format. Along with passing the final exam, you must complete a project in order to demonstrate your ability to apply Black Belt principles. These two components will prepare you to effectively apply Lean Six Sigma Black Belt concepts at your respective company. Not sure if you will have a project idea for class? That’s okay, our instructor will assist you with project ideas.
Why Become a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt?
A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt can impact an organization’s bottom line through the use of statistically based tools that are taught in Six Sigma Black Belt training. A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from JMU communicates to an employer that you have been trained in advanced problem-solving skills and the statistical tools needed to effectively lead process improvement projects.
What Qualifications Do I Need to Enroll in the Black Belt Program?
To register for JMU’s Black Belt program, you will need to have completed either JMU’s Green Belt program or an offering of similar intensity.
What are the Graduation Requirements to Become a Black Belt?
- Pass the final exam with a 70% or higher
- Complete and pass the Black Belt project
- Not miss more than one of the live lectures
Trust the experts
Scott Fowler is a certified Master Black Belt and Lean Master. He has been a Lean Six Sigma consultant within a diverse cross section of industries over the past 20 years including Government, Manufacturing, Energy Production, Healthcare & Pharmaceutical, Financial, and Service industries. As...