Who should attend
- Individuals intending to learn how to install, maintain and repair biomass equipment.
- Technicians. Design engineers. Architects.
About the course
- What is Biomass?
- Market, resources and targets overview
- The physics principles
- How biomass works (energy content, types of technologies, moisture content)
- Design guidance (sizing, selecting, autonomy, storage, manufacturers)
- Types of technologies: anaerobic digestion (bio-methane), gasification, pyrolysis, dual fuel, heating and power efficiencies
- Environmental impact and analysis
- Finance, regulation and incentives (RHI, MCS)
- Case studies, best practice analysis, manufacturers
- Simulation tools
- References and further reading
- Trade bodies and support
What this online course includes
- Video lessons based on live classroom training developed by internationally recognised University Academics and Experts
- Live individual tutorial conducted remotely with your assigned tutor
- Course materials accessible on computer, tablet & mobile
- Resource Centre to access knowledge
- and research
- Remote exam for the internationally recognised Galileo Master Certificate
How long does it take?
- You have up to three months to complete the course at your own pace.
- This course is worth 20 hours of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.