Big Data Simplified: Savvy Analytics for Better Business Decisions
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Weatherhead School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Big data is transforming 21st century business. Savvy data analytics enable businesses to deliver more value to customers, increasing wallet share and customer loyalty, and in turn, lead to higher customer lifetime value to the firm. More often, however, the sheer array of data creates an overwhelming picture. Think of social media, 3rd party websites, communities of interest, sales force automation, channel and distribution systems, climatology, customer relationships management systems, GPS positioning, and RFID product tagging. The nature of data is changing too, exposing operational, financial, sales, and marketing trends in far more unexpected and granular levels. How can executives discern meaning from the numbers, before making big investments or hiring the “experts”?
This one-day program shows how to capitalize on big data with a simplified approach to drive market penetration and capitalize on new opportunities. Based on critical business thinking, this program guides participants in how to develop and oversee a big data analytics strategy within their firms. The course addresses the core challenges of using data analytics to transform financial analysis, operational and marketing strategies and tactics, as well as the significant organizational change required. Through class discussion and case studies, participants will receive clear guidelines on getting the benefits from a big data investment to leverage business analytics to improve customer and business strategy.
- Big Data Definition and Predictive Analytics
- Defining Big Data and Analytics
- Exploring Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Building an Analytics Culture
- Economic Value Diagnosis
- Measuring Value Across the Organization
- Generating Hypothesis Driven Inquiry
- Executing Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis
- Making Analytics Work in Your Organziation
- Targeting Opportunties
- Scaling Analytics
- Changing to an Analytics Culture
Program Learning Benefits & Outcomes
Strategic finance leaders will learn how to:
- Evaluate your business analytics capability
- Build a data-driven analytics strategy
- Transform your organization from a reporting to an world class analytics culture
- Get more out of your data analytic investments
- Generate compelling customer insights
Who should attend
This is a one-day essentials course for business leaders who drive customer-oriented operations, business strategy, and customer relationships. Participants will learn how to develop and oversee a big data analytics strategy within their firms.