Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is for those who are interested in analytics and in implementing analytic solutions in their organizations and especially those in the following positions:
- Corporate managers and executives
- Accounting and financial analysts
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Finance professionals
- Operations professionals
- Supply chain and manufacturing quality professionals
- Customer service professionals
- Government, Nonprofit, and NGO professionals
About the course
Analytics is increasingly important to your company and your career. McKinsey & Company reports that big data (and the analytics to unlock the value in big data) is the next frontier for innovation, competition and productivity. Many professionals struggle to understand "Big Data" and "Analytics" in general terms and how to apply these principles to improve business performance. Companies who can effectively harness complex data quickly, analyze data for insights and apply them in a meaningful way will have a competitive advantage.
The five-week Big Data Analytics Certificate Program will introduce you to the field of Big Data and Analytics. The program will use in class exercises, case studies and product demonstrations to help you get beyond the superficial explanations so you can better communicate with your technical teams.
Through this course, you will gain insight into:
- the history of, and current trends in, analytics
- the ground rules for success in analytics
- the current landscape of big data
- the major software and tools used in data analytics (including Watson Analytics, Hadoop, and Splunk)
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate the trends in the IT industry related to Big Data Analytics
- Cite specific examples of how Big Data Analytics is changing business behavior
- Speak to the capabilities of leading enterprise Big Data Analytics tools such as Watson and Splunk
- Understand how Hadoop and related Apache software projects are influencing the Big Data Analytics landscape
J - P Contreras has more than 19 years of experience in data analytics. Most recently, Contreras held an all-encompassing role at Perficient, a digital consulting firm that involved client relationship management, business development, quality assurance and practice development. Prior to joining ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.