Become a Persuasive Negotiator – Best Negotiating Practices
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IMS.Full disclaimer.
This insightful and fun workshop environment creates a negotiating laboratory where participants learn the Best Negotiating Practices® for immediate application. In this highly engaging workshop, participants explore how to effectively respond to offers, turn your counterpart’s no to a yes, overcome the two greatest obstacles to success, and manage concessions to create and capture value at the bargaining table. With your own negotiation challenges addressed and equipped to use negotiation tools on the job, participants leave this workshop as more competent and confident negotiators.
Time Allocation - Topics
10% - Use Influence Tools
- When to persuade and when to negotiate
- Which negotiation strategy: Collaborate, compromise, compete or avoid?
- A simple framework for collaborative negotiations
20% - 5 Critical Assessments before Making or Responding to Offers
45% - Create and Capture Value as You Negotiate
- 3 most common mistakes made on opening offers
- Effective responses to opening offers
- Words that matter: increase your success in negotiations with these power words
- Manage concessions: keys to strategy and creativity
20% - Ensure Performance from Your Negotiated Agreement
- Tips for a more persuasive negotiator
- 3 things you must do at the end of all negotiations
- Overcome the 2 biggest obstacles to negotiation success
5% - Your Negotiating Action Plan
Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Creativeness, Communication, Empathy, Interpersonal Relations
Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans
Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Direction