About the course
The focus of the course is to provide participants with an introduction to accounting basics. It highlights the role of financial and managerial accounting for effective decision-making and control. It also addresses some common pitfalls when making important decisions and ways to overcome them.
What to expect
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Understanding and Creating Financial Statements
- Relevance of Financial Statements in Managerial Decision-Making
- Managerial Accounting, CVP Analysis and Cost Assignment
- Common Pitfalls in Cost-Based Decision-Making
- Beyond Cost-Plus: Value-Based Pricing of Products and Services
Michael Burkert works as a professor for managerial accounting and control at the University of Fribourg (Switzerland). He is interested in the design and use of cost accounting and control systems. Currently his research covers such aspects as how to incentivize employees to act ambidextrous and...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.