Basic Freight Forwarding Operations
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This type of programme will provide more insight to the Shipping and Logistics process improvement and knowledge of the environment of managing suppliers and undertake effective sourcing.
To guide the participants to relevant areas of Logistics and Shipping where they can add value to their individual role.
- Introduction to Freight Forwarding
- Consolidations and Break bulk
- Shipping operations
- Role of Freight forwarder for all modes of transport
- Value added role of Freight forwarder to Logistics
- Understanding the role of Freight forwarding
- Shipment advisory functions
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Participants interested for career with Shipping and Transport involved in Supply Chain Management, for any member in the logistics / supply chain team who could gain subject knowledge required to perform better in work place. Role of Shipping clerks, Expeditors, Freight specialists, Transport supervisors, Logistics co-coordinators, dispatch assistants and supervisors.