Who should attend
This program is designed for current and rising bank and credit union finance executives looking to develop and expand their skills in strategy, leadership and enterprise financial management. Potential participants should have significant experience and financial responsibilities within banking institutions, such as presidents, COOs, CFOs, controllers, treasurers and vice presidents of finance.
About the course
Presented by Darden Executive Education and S&P Global Market Intelligence
Sharpen your ability to assess risk, raise capital, conduct competitive analyses and make smart growth decisions for your organization.
- Navigate the risks inherent in bank finance, including strategic ALM, regulatory challenges, shifting interest rates, acquisitions and divestitures and increasing competition.
- Manage bank-wide change, motivate direct reports and inspire teams with values-driven communications.
- Make and defend difficult decisions with limited information and significant uncertainty.
In this program, Darden Executive Education partners with S&P Global Market Intelligence- the banking industry's leading provider of financial information and analytics - to combine leadership training with strategic, whole enterprise thinking and hands-on practice solving your daily business challenges.
Explore the strategic decisions facing bank executives, including evaluating acquisitions and divestitures, implementing effective risk management, managing capital and liquidity, and addressing regulatory expectations. Review capital requirements, current debt and equity markets for banks and strategies for raising capital. * Explore new ways of managing and reducing your bank's exposure to risk and practice scenario analyses in a workshop that will prepare you to turn results into action.
Impact & Outcomes
- Develop best practices for your daily and long-term responsibilities, including risk and balance sheet management, competitive analysis, bank value creation, acquisitions and capital planning.
- Reconcile differing perspectives and align cross-functional efforts toward a shared vision or goal.
- Balance the tension between earnings growth and capital efficiency.
- Understand digital payment innovations and the future of fintech within your financial institution.
Education: A.B., Harvard College; Ph.D., Stanford University As the current Johnson and Higgins Professorship of Business Administration, Martin Davidson teaches, conducts research and consults with global leaders on how they can use diversity strategically to generate superior business performa...
Education: MA, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India; MBA, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta; Ph.D., University of Minnesota Sankaran Venkataraman ("Venkat") is the MasterCard Professor of Business Administration and senior associate dean for Faculty and Research at the...
Education: Diploma, National Technical University of Athens; MBA, University of Massachusetts; MPhil, Ph.D., New York University Professor Allayannis is a Professor of Business Administration and Associate Dean of Darden's Global MBA for Executives (GEMBA) program. He is an expert in Corporate F...
Scott Hildenbrand is a Principal and Chief Balance Sheet Strategist of Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. He heads the Balance Sheet Analysis and Strategy group, working with financial institutions on balance sheet strategy development, which includes interest rate risk management, investment portf...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.