About the course
Bag design is one of the most interesting and fascinating growing areas of Fashion. This introductory course will help you to develop your love of handbags from dream into reality. Showing you what's involved creatively in each of the different areas of research, taking you through design stages and development to reach your final idea. You will also learn about new materials and current trends in Bags, including developments in sustainability and Technology.
After completing this course students will learn how to focus their creative ideas, how to present them and where to go next.
- Trend research
- Storyboards /mood boards
- Developing design concepts and your personal design brief
- Material research and fittings
- Working drawings and looking at spec sheets
- Insight in to the bag industry
- Introduction to prototyping
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
I am an accessories designer specializing in handbags. As well as designing and managing my own brand, I also work with fashion entrepreneurs, and manufactures helping them to develop their product ranges. Advising on trends, colour, shape, materials and finishes. I began my career working as a t...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.